How much weight do you normally gain in pregnancy?

Before i had my first, i weighed 117. after he was born i didnt lose any baby weight. i stayed at about 170. i lost weight after my ex left, so i was at 155 when i found out i was prego this time and im 7 months and weighing around 170 again. im hoping to not gain too much more weight in this pregnancy...and im hoping to drop it quick after this one. plan on being a lot more active after the baby is born than i was with my first. and any suggestions on how to drop the baby weight?

trystons_mommy

Asked by trystons_mommy at 7:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I gained 35 w/ my son, which was almost 5 years ago. Lost it all and then some, I guess my diet was my son, because he was colic. This one, I am 32 wks, and have gain 25 hopin this will come of just as quick, But I'm doubting it.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I gained a lot with my first. I just never felt well and eating was the only thing that helped that. I wasn't too big on working out after (I'd rather be with my baby) but I managed to do a few things (pilates dvd's mostly). I was about 10 lbs away from pre-pregnant weight when I got pregnant again. I haven't gained any yet, I'm still losing from being sick.

I would strongly suggest getting some work out dvd's that are short, so when you only have 20 minutes you will still have time to do them.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 7:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• You need to gain more than 15 lbs. Your baby is depending on you to provide for him/her. I only gained 20 lbs, not by choice, and 7 of that was after 32 weeks pregnant. My son suffered from the lack of food he got and was born full term at 5 lbs 4oz. He has had health problems ever since. I hate hearing women worry about gaining weight during pregnancy. Worry about it afterwards, for now just focus on doing what is healthiest for your baby, which is gaining 25-35 lbs. I was a little overweight when I got pregnant and I still should have gained more than 20 lbs. The "less gain for overweight women" is old school.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 8:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• well i know im going to gain more, i just dont want to gain TOO MUCH. Im trying to cut back on sweets and sodas and all that stuff.... trying to watch what i eat and how much and how often, that way im getting what i need, baby gets what he needs, but Im not OVER eating...
    Im only 7 months and have already gained back 15lbs... and the baby is 3.5lbs already too.
    i gained 60 with my first and that was way too much. so im trying to find that happy medium. the healthy amount to gain.
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 8:58 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• they say gain between 15-25lbs, depending on what your doc thinks. Me, I gained a whole 64lbs during pregnancy. Ive lost about 25 (maybe more, havent weighed myself lately) and Im having a hell of a time losing the rest. Its been almost 4 months.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 10:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• With my son I gained about 45 lbs but lost it all plus 50 pounds after he was born. with my daughter i gained about 90 lbs (no clue how?) and still haven't lost much 11 months later and i just found out i'm pregnant again so i have to wait to lose more.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I gained 60lbs with my 1st and 40 with my 2nd. It varies, but they say to try and aim between 30 & 40 pounds.
    Anonymous