Does red blood always mean m/c??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No. I had light spotting that was red when I was 14 weeks. It can be a number of things. Heavy red bleeding is an indicator of m/c though.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 7:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I had mild bleeding and light spoting through the second trimester of both of my pregnancies. If you see blood lie down for half hour or so, if the bleeding persists you should go to the doctor. If it's just light bleeding when you are active, just take it easy and try not to worry, stressing about it won't help you or the baby.
    TRmama

Answer by TRmama at 8:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• well as apposed to what other color blood? i always thought blood was red in general when you see it....
    Anonymous

• usually when I have my period my blood is a brown color, not even dark brown.
    Anonymous

• thats....odd....when i was 14 i first got my period...my sister told me it was a shit stain...which it was definitly not because about an hour later my sheets were covered in blood....it was scary lol...

but go talk to you doctor and ask them why its brown....your period blood shouldnt be brown unless its the end of a period
    Anonymous

• Dark brown blood is "old blood", red blood is fresh bleeding. If you are bleeding red blood, go see the doctor. If you are bleeding brown blood consistantly daily, see a doctor it can be a complication. HTH
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Not sure if always, but in my situation it did. Lost my baby at 12 weeks.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Not always...
    Anonymous

• Its one of those things where you never know. I did spot around weekd 8-10 and did pass two red blood clots but had no cramping. I called the doctor and they said since I had no cramping not to worry and they were right. I am now 31 weeks pregnant and everything is fine.
    stmahe2002

Answer by stmahe2002 at 12:27 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• No it does not necessary mean that you are having m/c. There are plenty of reasons that varry depending on how far along you are in your pregnancy. I have had red blood bleeds for couple of weeks and in my case it was subchronic hematoma (blood pocket) that had to bleed out or be absorbed by the uterus wall.

You may have small amount of blood because of some mechanical trauma to your vagina or cervix (for example during having sex).

Sometimes its a sign of etopic pregnancy or placental abruption.

And in most case the Doc cant say what is the reason of the bleedings.  Good luck

polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 12:41 AM on Apr. 18, 2009