Looking for Childcare?

I live in an area where I don't know anyone! I know I have to work once my baby is born, does anyone know the price range of a daycare? Two kids, newborn and 2 year old. And how do I know my kids are safe in a strangers hand? Any advise from anyone who has kids in daycare?

shellrequen

Asked by shellrequen at 7:55 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• check your local craigslist and care.com
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 7:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• check your states website. I live in florida i can go on the website and search for daycare and licensed providers in my area. I can also see thier inspection reports.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Where do you live?
    mothermayiam

Answer by mothermayiam at 10:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I used to pay $280 every two weeks to my daycare lady, Lynn. Now we only do half days since my husband's schedule changed. I'll only be paying her $108 (she charges $28.00 for full days - over 4 hours - or $18.00 for half days - 4 hours & under.) I'm sure this varies from state to state, but that's how it is for me, personally. I found Lynn through a list of local daycares online. We met in person (I made sure to bring my daughter with me.) I got to meet her kids and take a look around the place. I felt very comfortable with the environment and Lynn was very down to earth. We've been using her for about 2 years now and it's great. Good luck!!
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 11:55 PM on Apr. 17, 2009