My Sons 1st Birthday Party!!

Ok my son Eli is turning One in June and I'm so excited. Hes my first child so you can see where I'm at. Most of the kids attending will be between the ages of 2-5. I'm one of the last of my friends to have kids. I dont intend to have any games, food, activities that Elijah cannot participate in. I'm doing Bubbles, Edible Pladoh, dont know bout the food yet. And I'm still thinking of some more stuff. I know he wont remember the party. But I will and pictures and video will be its own testimony. So my question is....Do you think that making my sons first birthday party a HUGE event (i'm not talking break the bank huge, more by people and activities) is the right thing? If not Do you have any idea how to entertain 10 toddlers, and make it fun?

MickeyZ

Asked by MickeyZ at 8:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Holidays

• Maybe if it is a nice day, have some kind of outdoor party. There are a lot of good ideas for games for toddlers-birthaday online
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• oops..birthday
    IRA871

• I guess it depends on your kid. My daughter would be overwhelmed with that many kids and adults in the house and would have a miserable time. If your son is more easy going, then go for the big party! You might want to think about doing an underwater theme and you could do water themed games in the backyard. A little splash park (inflatable that hooks up to the hose), a couple kiddie pools, bath toys, etc. The cake could have blue icing with little fishies swimming around. Plus, if they all make a mess, you can just hose them off if they're already in swimsuits!!!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• NO. Keep it small and simple. Most one year olds will get overwhelmed and NOT have fun. If this is about him, keep it calm. If it is "OH LOOK our boy is 1" make it big and loud. Up to you. :) We had family parties with spaghetti, cake and ice cream. It is a family tradition now.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• try a ball pit, if it's out doors, or sprinklers, (weather permitting). Maybe some gift boxes for the kids. Bubbles are a great idea too. Maybe get some crayons set up for them to color.

Check out orientaltrading.com to get ideas on themes and toys and games too. Try to make a hour of it "quiet time" so your son can take a nap and recoup. Movies are a good way to calm some of the kids down, so you can get your son to nap.

As for foods: try stick with a theme. Ex. if you go with the underwater theme, have a bowl of Goldfish, the cake idea above is good. Or cupcakes with fish decorations on them. You can do a salad and put the goldfish on top as decoration, and flavor. Fish sticks, tuna salad, blue punch, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:57 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I'd say make a big deal out of it, ITS the First!! Like you said it'll be documented. You'll look back and love that you did. those memories are the most precious.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I throw big parties,i dont care if my one yr old doesnt remember.i do i have it recorded and when we all look back he can see.Try a kids entertainer,a ball pitt so the kids can jump,Umm you should have food,kids do get hungry.Play games the possibilities are endless.Go big who cares hes your boy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Apr. 23, 2009