My baby's poor face!!

My 1 month old has really dry skin around her eyebrows and I don't know what to put on it! I've been washing her face with just warm water and putting on a little lotion, but it doesn't seem to help. I'm a first time mommy and ANY help would be great!

piercedbeauty21

Asked by piercedbeauty21 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Petroleum jelly always does the trick. Put a small amount on with a cotton or Q-tip
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Or Eucerin cream. (Not the lotion)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My 4 year old has dry skin too. Border line exema. I put baby lotion on it and vitamin E cream and it goes away. You just have to be consistent.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 9:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Try neutrogena hand cream fragrance free. It says you can use it everywhere. Or I also like Aveeno Aloe lotion stick for kids.
    LuvOurFamily

Answer by LuvOurFamily at 9:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Cortisone Creme. My daughter has the same thing but on her cheeks to. looks like she has been outside skiing allday. It works wonders
    kt2babies

Answer by kt2babies at 10:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Aquaphor, it is a cream made by Eucerin and works wonders on eczema and diaper rash. You can even use it on chapped lips. My son has horrible eczema around his lips and his doc recommended Aquaphor because it is safe to be on the lips. Watch cortisone or steriod creams near the eyes, it can cause problems with eye sight. (per my eye doc and pediatrician).

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• We had the same problem. We used Aveeno Baby Wash for dry skin and baby excema (has a dark blue label) to wash her face. Then we used Aveeno in the morning and Aquaphor at night. Before we knew it- she was good to go! Also keep in mind that newborns tend to have flaky skin because they lose the skin that was the top layer they had in utero (just like we all lose skin- but out skin wasn't hanging out in amniotic fluid for 9 months). So sometimes- that may be what is flaking off and not so much that she has dry skin currently.
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My daughter has suffered from eczema since birth. She is now 12. The Eucerine cream (not lotion) is wonderful and there is a product called Bag Balm that is fantastic, but I wouldn't use that on the face.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 11:53 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• my son had the same problem when he was born i just used regular lotion everyday and applied it when i saw he was dry and at 4 months he was fine.
    nkezele86

Answer by nkezele86 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You can use cream if you like Aquaphor is the best. But it is probably just the skin from birth that all little ones lose. Does the baby have it in her scalp too? Just keep it clean use some Aquaphor and it should be just fine. At least you will feel better because you are doing something for it rather than it clearing up one it's own, which it normally does. Welcome to the Mum's world. I call it Worry Central
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 2:35 AM on May. 8, 2009