How can I fix my highlighting mishap?

I highlighted my own hair tonight, and actually it looks very nice all over, except on the crown of my head! Probably the most important part. It's WAY too blonde, and it's not highlights, it's basically like the crown of my head is pure blonde instead of being highlighted. Is there anything that I can do to fix it? I would like to avoid a trip to the hairdresser. My natural color is dark blonde, incase you need that info.
Thanks!

coffee_chick

Asked by coffee_chick at 8:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Do "low lights". Just a darker color to add in the same way you did the highlights.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Get some Redken toning shampoo in a dark color and put it at your roots. It might tame the color just enough to look okay. If that doesn't work...go with low lights but make sure you do a protein treatment before (you've stripped your hair with the high lift color or bleach..whichever you use. Any color you put on right now will take really, really well so do a treatment so it doesn't suck the color in too much). Joico K Pac is really good.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• your bleach bled. You need to do lowlights
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 8:49 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• You cant take the highlight to the "root" of the hair, it will bleed. do some low lights, but if you get "box" color it will more than likely have a green tint to it, because you cant put a dark color over blonde. The solution that comes in a box kit is a number 20. It's safe. But you will need a stronger solution that will "stick" to the blonde. I think you should go to a salon or it's gonna cost you more in the long run. (ps- they will charge you extra if you come in there with a green tint b/c they get ill that you used box color in the first place)
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Did you use a cap? You have to be very careful, especially around your part. You could grab too much hair from the top layer and get too blond there. I agree.... lowlights are your best bet.
    Anonymous