Sponge-bob BK commercial

I saw on a show this morning that parents are offended by the new Burger King "square butts" commercial because it sexualizes women. I personally like this commercial more than I've liked Sponge-bob. I'm just wondering how everyone else feels about it?

AngieG.

Asked by AngieG. at 8:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it's kinda funny. My fiance thinks it's annoying and kinda vulgar LOL. And we're both Spongebob fans.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:48 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• People will choose to be offended at anything. It was a dumb commercial and just like just about every other commercial it sexualizes not only men but women.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• It matters nothing to me. I mean, tell me there isn't anything worse than this out there...
    Anonymous

• It's funny but it seems wrong for a kid's meal. I mean kids and booty shaking?
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 8:49 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• And there was the whole "ripped my pants" episode, which was so popular they based a doll on it...
    AngieG.

Answer by AngieG. at 8:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i think its an annoying song lol xD
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 8:51 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• it's a freakin commercial, it doesn't any more "sexualize women" than any other commercial you can find these days...
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• At first when I was watching it I thought it was a Spongebob commerical then I was wondering why the burger King was there, once I figured out it was for a kids meal I thought it was kinda odd that they made a commerical for a kids meal (dont the little toys in the meal only last like 2 weeks?) but I wasnt offended by it. Just thought it was stupid.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I think it's not for a child to see it I would like it to get taken off the air it a bunch a women shacking there asses it's not for children. I like spongebob and burger king bit the commerical is inappropriately.
    Anonymous

• I think it is hilarious! It is more geared towards adults but with the square booties I don't find it inappropriate for kids. It is not meant to be sexual, just silly and funny, like Sponge Bob!!
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 9:01 PM on Apr. 17, 2009