How do I know if my 7yr old daughter has autism? What are the signs?

KsolosBabygirl

Asked by KsolosBabygirl at 8:51 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Google symptoms of autism. There are many different symptoms it is impossible to list them all here. Look into sensory processing dysfunction as well. It is more common.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Any of the same signs that show up when they are toddlers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I think that if she were moderately or severely autistic then you would most definitely know, so I'm going to assume that she may be higher functioning autism. If she had a high functioning autism or (aspergers) she might have social delays or difficulties. She may have trouble making eye contact. Might not fully understand personal space, like getting too close to people when they or she is talking. There are really soooo many different things that kids with autism have and do that its hard to even list them. You can look up symptoms of autism and aspergers (which is a high functioning autism) and see if the signs are anything like your daughter.

JenniferDeegan

Answer by JenniferDeegan at 10:12 AM on Apr. 20, 2009