Recovering from a C-section...

I had my son 3 weeks ago by cesearean and am still having a ton of pain around my incision which is making it difficult to care for him. I'm also still having a bunch of vaginal bleeding. We moved not too long ago and family and friends are far away which leaves me to care for him alone while my DH works constantly. Can anyone who has gone through a c-section give me any idea what I'm in for throughout the recovery process and maybe let me know if the pain and bleeding is normal?? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Health

• everyones pain levels are diff. i felt like i could totally function about 2 months after. before that i had moments where i just wanted to keel over. in about a week the horrible pain should not be constant and only be when you stretch wrong or do something the wrong way. as for the bleeding i want to say i stopped bleeding right before my 6 week checkup
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:01 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• The pain is normal. If you have excess bleeding , I would go the the doctor. Steps are a pain in the ass till like 6 weeks. And I would not have relations until I felt 100%
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 9:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• The pain is normal; it will get better I promise! The first c-section is the most difficult to recover from. The bleeding is also normal - mine continued off and on for up to 8 weeks with both of my c-sections. Hang in there - you are at one of the toughest points right now, as far as exhaustion is concerned. All that work you're doing for your baby (and all the sleeping you're NOT doing!) is making it extra hard for your body to recover. Rest as much as you can, and in a few weeks you'll be feeling much better!!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 9:49 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Bleeding is definitely normal when u just given birth 3 weeks ago. I bleed for just over a month. I had 2 c/s and my first was an emergency c/s. I couldn't take percacit (sp) after I was discharged from the hospital cause it made be very dizzy and sleepy. Do you have a binder or a wrap to help keep your incision tight? That really helped me recover faster.

azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i agree with everyone else. with my c-section i was up and about 3 days after i got out the hospital. i just took it easy bending over and lifting her and heavy objects. the bleeding...was horrible i bleed super heavy i had to get a blood transfusion since i lost so much. but its normal.... depends on your body...like everyone said..everybody is different
    Anonymous