Allergic Reaction???

My Daughter is almost 10months old, 2 Days ago she had an Allergic Reaction and she broke out in Hives. We took her to the ER and they put her on Steroids twice a day called "Prednisolone 5MG". The next day, she broke out in Hives yet again, I took her to the pediatrician she gave her a Steroid shot that last for 3 Days and put her on Claritin 5MG once a day & Zantac because she's been spitting up at times to were it runs down her and gets everywhere. My daughter is already on Alimentum, but my concern is the meds, she's also teething right now really bad and I have to give her Tylenol here and there. Has anybody has the same issue??? I mean doesn't it sound like alot for a 10month old???

marcnsarah

Asked by marcnsarah at 9:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That is alot of meds for a little one. You're not saying what she is allergic to? Wouldn't that be the best thing to find out before medicating? That way you'd hve better results from the right med.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• We figured out what she was allergic to Yesterday, my Parents recently found Mold in their House and some of my Daughter's thing were there. The Doctors told us she could be Allergic to anything from Food,Laundry Det, Cat anything.... But we figured it out! It's just the meds, the Doc told me that she can have this Allergic Reaction for up to a few weeks to a month.
    marcnsarah

Answer by marcnsarah at 9:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2009