Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One more about breast pump accessories..

this is probably a stupid one.. but do you have to have specific bottles to go with a certain pump? Or do most bottles work universally?

Answer Question

Asked by itsbree2you at 9:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 4 (57 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • I bought special kinds of bottles for when i breast feed..i prefer the bottles with the upper part (where the nipple is) to have a little bend in it...there are bottles that are special for breast can get them at Walmart :D

    Answer by MissKellee at 9:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

  • Most pumps will come with their own bottles, but honestly if you are planning on freezing or pumping while you are at work for a long term type thing I would suggest using the freezer bags. They are alot cheaper, you can transfer it into any bottle you want, and the freeze better. You can alse write the date on most of them so you know how long you have had it, and you can squeeze all the air out iof it. Also, I would suggest you only put about 2 oz. per bottle/bag, because when you pump you dont want to wast alot of milk thawing out a bunch and then only having your baby eat an oz or 2. That way you can thaw out as mush or as little as you need and not worry about wasting any. GL

    Answer by AK_aries at 10:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

  • i think it depends on the pump you buy. not sure..i think the one i have im gonna have to buy those kinds of bottles to pump w

    Answer by tnteaton at 10:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.