can you use both?

DDs top teeth are soming in and i was wondering if i can use both teething tablets and tylenol or motrin together??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes. I give my daughter the teething tablets and tylenol. The tablets are to help with the pain and to numb them a little and the tylenol is to help with the pain and fever. You won't overdose her or anything.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• that will be fine! you wont hurt her!! also try and freeze juice and put it into a wash cloth and let her suck on that! shell be able to drink juice and freeze her gums!
    Anonymous

• As long as she's over 6 months, I'd suggest the motrin. It seems to work better for my son when he's teething. I don't use tylenol on my son since on of my nursing teachers pointed out that no one knows HOW tylenol works, just that it does. Scary! I'd try the teething tablets first, then motrin. But they are fine to use together. Good luck.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 10:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Yes you can use all 3 together if needed... I would try tablets first, then motrin because it works better and if after a hour if it's still needed for comfort try the tylenol.
    My son had an AWFUL time with this last tooth that just came in (the others weren't bad for him at all) and we did teething drops (tablets didn't work for him) and then rotated Tylenol and Motrin throughout the day for a couple of days until the tooth came through.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2009