How many ounces of formula should a 7 m/o be drinking?

So far my baby has been ebf, but I am pregnant now and worried that my milk is drying up. Since she doesn't get any bottles I have no idea how much she eats. Right now she nurses 5-6 times a day.

I'm hoping I won't have to turn to formula, but just in case I'm wondering how much a 7 month old should be drinking? Just a general range would be nice.

Thanks!

julipickle2

Asked by julipickle2 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter Emma is 7 months old and she takes about 6 oz of formula every 4-6 hours.. hope that helps.. oh and congratulations on your pregnancy!!
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 9:34 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• my DD is 9 mos and at that age she was eating solids 1-2 times a day and maybe 4 bottles a day 6OZ at a time
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 9:34 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• 6 to 8 oz every 4 hours maybe 6 times a day. If they go below 24 oz then you should call the doctor but it depends how much your baby eats. Usually 24 to 36 oz depending on food intake and the amount of juice you give as well.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Well at 7 months, they should be introduced to solids by now. So you wont have to give as many bottles anymore. But usually I gave my girl about 3 in a day. It's really depending on how hungry your baby is. But solids fills them up more, so you would just have to see how it goes
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 9:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• "my DD is 9 mos and at that age she was eating solids 1-2 times a day and maybe 4 bottles a day 6OZ at a time "

ditto, thats exactly how it went for my little girl
    Anonymous

• I would say 4-6 oz. every 3 to 4 hours.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 9:37 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• 7 months old they dont need too many bottles with having solids now. I would say about 24oz in a day or unless she wants one at night too.
    Anonymous

• At seven months my daughter was getting four 8oz bottles a day. Keep in mind, the more solids they eat, the less they drink. Hayden is nine months and she eats cereal in the morning, a whole stage 2 fruit for lunch and 1.5 stage 2 veggie for dinner (lunch and dinner she has cereal mixed in). She gets a six ounce bottle with each and usually drink most of it. Wow, two babies under two. You are MUCH more brave than I! Good luck!
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My daughter was drinking 28 ounces per day at 7 months...now at 9 months she drinks about 20 oz, as well as solids and cereal.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2009