Why not breastfeed?

I am not trying to start a debate. I am not asking the moms who actually HAD to formula feed. I am asking the moms who chose to formula feed because breastfeeding was gross, too much work, annoying, ect.

asTraySoJouRner

Asked by asTraySoJouRner at 9:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• asTraySoJouRner, I do like that there are moms like you that actually can respect both sides and finally get past all this. We are feeding our babies, our babies are all different, and some have problems more than others, but it goes for both sides. There is still no statistic proving that one thrives over the other. My daughter actually is ahead for her age and she was strictly formula fed. And that's NOT something that I'm making up. Not to mention she never gets sick and she is in daycare. So, I see both points, but I still don't think one is better than the other. I dont care what some moms say. Formula feeding was best for me and my family.
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 11:34 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• are you serious? "I am not trying to start a debate".....Riiiiiight
    Anonymous

• I wanted to formual feed because I wanted to formula feed :)
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 9:41 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• formula* but you know what I meant lol
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 9:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I breastfeed, but can see the advantages of not BFing. Being able to go out without the baby, DH being able to feed baby, not having to figure out what in your diet is upsetting baby's tummy. There are so many I can think of. I just choose to put up with the little inconveniences for my babies health.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 9:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• "breastfeeding was gross, too much work, annoying, ect."

All of thee above
    Anonymous

• Anon 9:41 - don't be a jerk. I'm seriously curious. I don't get it. And I was just curious if people could answer in a mature fashion. Guess some can't.
    asTraySoJouRner

Answer by asTraySoJouRner at 9:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I chose because it gave dh a chance to be a part of the experience too, and yes it was convenient. Also everyone in my family took turns helping with feedings which made it alot easier. Are you really wanting to know our reasons? Why, so you can come up with a comeback against it??
    Anonymous

• It's ok to be curious about it, some people don't feel its anyones business to know why they chose what they chose, but I don't mind sharing. As long as this wasn't so you could have breastfeeders come on here to bash or have a comeback. I don't care why some chose to breastfeed, but some are just curious about stuff.
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 9:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• It goes against my morals
    Anonymous