• In the Spotlight:

Do your kids have a bedtime?

If so, how old are they? When is it? When will you take it away? Do you still enforce it on weekend and school breaks?

My kids are 6.5 and go to bed at 9 to wake up at 7:30 on school nights. On weekends I mostly let them stay up as late as they want . Curious what others do. My DH gives me the impression that he'd like for them to have a bedtime during the weekend also.

LadyEb

Asked by LadyEb at 9:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• my daughter is 4 and goes to bed at 9 and will wake up around 8! and yes we enforce it everyday! she also still takes a nap every day!
    Anonymous

• my daughter is 2 and it's at 8 and wakeas up at 7:30 and takes a nap after lunch
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• all my children have a set bedtime, my 16 year old is 10 pm, i dont enforce it on the weekends but my 7 and 9 year olds bedtime is no later than 8:30 everynight......unless something special is on tv
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• my DD is 3 and goes to bed at 8 and wakes up at 6:15-6:30. She has the same schedule on the weekend, but just because she doesn't tolerate change to the schedule very well for some reason.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 9:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My daughters are 8 and 4 years old. During the week they go to bed at 7:00pm and wake up at 6:30am. During the weekend and school breaks they go to bed around 10:00pm.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 9:48 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My 5 and 9 year old go to bed at 9 on weeknights and 10 or 10:30 on weekends. If I let them stay up as late as they want, they'd go to bed later than me! lol. My 10 month old is in bed at 7:30 and wakes up at 7:30.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:48 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• my SD 8.5 yr and SS 5yr go to bed at 8:00pm & get up at 7am no matter if it is a weekend or week day. SS has been able to sleep in because he is only in preschool but the latest he sleeps is 8am but most of the time he is up by 7:30am. The only reasons they go to bed later than 8pm is if there is something special going on on a weekend. my least favorite reason they go to bed later is on Sunday & Thursday nights at their BMs they go to bed at 9pm & get up around 6:30am. my SS comes straight in the door & goes & lays down w/dad & will sleep in sometimes until 10am because he isn't getting enough sleep at his BMs. I have tried to explain this to her & give her hints but she just gets upset w/me & tells me there is no way she could get them to sleep any earlier & that they are getting enough sleep...

SS will sometimes take naps but not always. They never cause trouble w/bedtime at home, but BM says she can tell when he naps...
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My three girls all have the same schedule (ages 8,5, and three)as they go to bed at 8:30 and wake up on school days at 6:30. On weekends, when we have no plans I will let them sleep in....that usually means they are up by 7:30. LOL
    MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 10:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i have a 5 yr old a 3 1/2 year old and a 1 1/2 yr old and they all pretty much go to bed at different times- i wish i had a set schedule but its hard because my fiance works crazy hours and theres times when hell get in just as theyre laying down to sleep and as u can imagine that screws me up completely- then theyre up for another hour playing with daddy (hes such a pushover because hes gone all the time so he ends up letting them get away with everything lol) so that then throws them off the next morning because theyre tired and dont wanna get up- then that puts our "schedule" off for the day and then the next night they dont want to sleep because everything is messed up from the night before lol- craziness i tell u! lol- but u know wut? the lack of a set bed time and schedule hasnt hurt them- now later on down the line ill probably have to put them on a better routine but right now its not affecting them negatively
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Yes, Sun-Thurs 8pm
    Fri & Sat 10pm, if they can hold out that long...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2009