This is just an interesting question I thought of after reading a post on stripping earlier.

Why would you no longer respect your daughter for stripping to pay her way through school? Or for that matter with the echonemy problems a mother either single or with a hubby who just can't cover bills right now? Let alone think that she doesn't have a good hubby? It's not your choice and as a parents or even a person we all have things we could've done different so does that choice make you bad.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I would have a hard time if my daughter was to ever strip...mostly because you never want to think of your children as sexual beings. If that is what she ever decided to do, I know that we have the type of relationship where she could tell me and know that even if it is not something I would have picked for her, she would never lose my love.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Hmmm.... well I really wouldn't want my daughters doing that or any female of my family, but if thats the only way they see can get them by..... Then do what you have to.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I would never lose respect for some who strips. Whether they need to or not. If they need to then im glad they are looking out for themselves and their family in whatever way they can. If they want to, then good for them for going after what they want to do and maintaining the body to do so. I wouldn't mind if it was my daughter or a friend.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• The saying "you do what you have to do "is just insane. I mean there is a cost to everything you do. A high cost and a low cost. You should really think about your choices. Many say they would kill for their loved ones but thinking in these terms doesn't teach anything positive to your family. Is it worth that? I would work 5 jobs if I had to before I ever degraded myself and showed my children that it is ok to do that. I mean what would be next, selling your body?
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 11:00 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Yeah because working 5 jobs and never seeing your kids is so much better for them. These woman are not taking their kids to work or going into huge amounts of detail about what they do at work with their kids. Heck in all honesty up to a certain age none of our kids really know or care what we do for a living just so long as they have their needs meet, and one of their needs is to have time with their parents. Not a parent working so much they never see them.
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah that is logical. Not only will you degrade yourself but you would be dishonest with your child. My daughter is 5 and she does care about what I do because I have already begun teaching her about morals and respect. So Ic ould strip until my child reaches a certain age because my child won't know about it but after that point I have to do something else? Even you admit that stripping isn't right by saying that. So why not just do something else then to begin with?? It is important to me that my child respects her body ALWAYS. I would do anything to protect that over worrying about money. It comes and goes. That isn't the most important thing there is.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 11:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Oh and to make it clear...I don't think you would be a bad parent. However, I cannot ever justify doing something like that.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 11:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Well, if you raised your child as a Christian, it would be fairly easy to lose respect for them. You can't judge someone else's morals unless you walk a mile in their shoes.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• No I am not saying it is bad, but there are somethings we do not tell small children because it is not age apropriate. If you are in the medical field and do surgeries or other grusome procidures would you go home and explain in detail your day to a 3 year old? Most likely not. Does that mean doing the procedures is bad? Of course not. It is just something you do not explain to a child of that age. If it is something you would not feel comfortable doing good for you. Others are fine with it though and it does not make them any less of a person or a parent. If it is something these people want to do than good for them, and why is it that people always harp on women for doing it but never bring up the men that do it?
    Anonymous

• I do not really care what anyone else does in their own family. In my family stripping is not an option and never has been. I think that there are always ways to earn money without taking your clothes off. A good education can go a long way.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 11:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2009