How is it....

that most Christians are willing to accept the sins of Adam and Eve, but not the sins of any of the other religions leaders? And I do not mean this in a mean way. i just don't understand how this works.

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Just my thoughts, if I understand your question correctly: Adam and Eve are not considered leaders or the ones who started the religion; they are used as an example of the sinful nature of humans. The sinful nature of humans is widely accepted by most Christians; so they "accept" the sins. What they have a problem with is not the sins, but the denial of God/Christ and the unwillingness to admit sins and follow the ways of Jesus. So if the other religious leaders renounced their old religions and accepted Christ as their Savior, then their old sins would be "cleansed" and they would be as pure as any other Christian. It's the denial of Christ that they can't accept.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 10:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Even Jesus sinned.
    Anonymous

• I do not accept the sins of Adam and Eve or anyone else for that matter but I do understand how grace works and the finished work of the cross. Forgiveness and Grace are powerful as well as the shed blood of Jesus. This covers all sin past, present and future! What Jesus did on the cross he took upon Himself all the sins of the world so we wouldn't have to continue to walk in condemnation and guilt. He set us free from that and we as Christians need to choose to believe that.
    Yes we will fall but when we come under His grace and ask for forgiveness we are set free. We are given that chance to continue forward and not be bound to that sin we struggle with.
    I do not know that you will even understand this unless God truly shows you Himself. I can only share what He has shown me through the Holy Spirit and His WORD. I hope I helped some.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Anonymous : Prove it! I keep hearing people say this but never back it up. :-)
    If He sinned then you have just called God a liar when the WORD says He who KNEW NO SIN became SIN for us. He took sin upon Himself but He did not SIN against God period.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Didn't Jesus comit blasphamy on the cross as he died? Not trying to be mean but is that perhaps what Anon is talking about?
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• lol, why do I have to prove that Jesus sinned for you to believe it, where you can't prove anything that you believe?

The Infancy Gospel of Thomas...heard of it?

Anonymous

• But I don't accept Adams sin as if it was OK, we suffer from imperfection because of Adams sin, he was perfect and therefore not subject to forgiveness as we are. we are to forgive others their sins. Under the Law the deliberate murderer could not be ransomed. Adam, by his willful course, brought death on all mankind, hence was a murderer. (Ro 5:12) Thus, the sacrificed life of Jesus is not acceptable to God as a ransom for the sinner Adam.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Ok, I guess maybe I should have worded this differently. What I meant was, most ever chrisitan is willing to admit that Adam and Eve started all the sin. But most are not willing to admit that other religious leaders have been guilty of sin as well. That is what I meant with the question. Sorry for the confusion, my daughter was making me laugh and I couldn't think.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Jesus sinned because he was born of a woman. If everyone else has sin BECAUSE of Adam and Eve's sin then Mary was a sinner and therefore her offspring were sinners, including Jesus. If you say that Original Sin does not apply to Jesus, then why should it apply to everyone else? So then were the rest of Mary's children sinnless?

He was born of man, man has the stain of the original sin upon him when his born, therefore Jesus was a sinner.
    Anonymous

• God and Jesus  word,opinion, and judgement are the only truth anyone should be concerned about. Anything else is hearsay,and blasphemy.

mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 11:48 PM on Apr. 17, 2009