bathtime/8 months preg/ 3 yr old

my dd is 3, and bath time kills me every night. sitting on the floor by the bed after chasing her around all day always ends up killing my back and then i can barely get her dressed for bed. dh is not an option hes military and deployed so i'm the only one to give her a bath. so any ideas?

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 10:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe bring her into the shower with you? She may be old enough youcan sit on a chair by the tiub and just soup up a rag for her and tell her where to wash, and get a spray nozle to rinse her hair unstead of having to keep leaning over to get more in a cup or something. They have that foam soap that is fun, she might be able to do that herself too. GL I know you rpain, it takes some creativity to get along with a huge belly and another little one running around.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• You should try giving her baths every OTHER night, so that you get a night of rest. && shower idea is good too, my dd is 3 and will occassionally shower with me. try doing it atleast 1 or 2 times a week.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 11:05 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• ya we do skip bath some nights but she is very much a tomboy, loves arts and crafts playing outside, running in circles so shes always sweaty or covered in something. so i tend to only skip one or two nights a week. i've tried the shower thing, she hates standing under the water so i have to either pick her up (wet slippery me wet and huge not fun) or pour water on her head at which point she runs out of the shower covered in soap so i have to chase her down. i'll try putting a chair in the bathroom and see if that helps. she can bathe herself mostly if its just dirt and sweat but if its too much she can't and she doesn't do her bottom right or her hair so i still have to do that even when i tell her shes allowed to wash herself. thanks for the tips ladies
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• sorry I couldn't be of more help. I am 7 mnths pregnant, and I guess I should be more appreciative of my husband since he does bath duty.lol
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 11:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I have a soaker tub so it's really deep. I am 19 weeks pregnant and I can't bathe DD with me outside of the tub anymore so I get in with her. It's a lot easier on my back and I'm not putting pressure on my belly trying to reach over the tub.
    MammaMcC

Answer by MammaMcC at 11:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i feel ur pain- im 28 weeks pregnant now and i have to bathe 3 boys then get them dressed for bed in the bed and most times by myself since my fiance is at work most nights- i also do the skip a night and sometimes shower them but ur still having to bend over to scrub them and all of that so im looking into buying one of those bath time stools- they look pretty good its like this padded knee rest thing with a handle bar in the front that u can lean on for support- maybe u can look into getting one of those?
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Product Image

this one is sold at targets for 19.99

lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• let her take a shower w you..thats what i do w my 2 dd's. and im officially 10 months preggo now..my edd was today..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:02 AM on Apr. 18, 2009