I am not a mom but a daughter and i need some advice or someone to talk to.

I am seventeen, I live with my mom and dad, and two brothers. My mom goes to the hospital everyday (she is addicted to pain killers) and my dad is always babysitting the neighbors kids. It has been this way for as long as i can remember. I get so mad sometimes and i tell my mom why but she just gets extremely loud and yells at mecause im expressing how i feel. Is there an easier way to deal with this, or should i just stick it out till im 18 witch is in 10 months?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• im 19. you can tlk to me if u like. i TOTALLY understand. i have yahoo messanger. sk8erbabe142000 jus message me. :)
    iMa.M0mmY

Answer by iMa.M0mmY at 11:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I would just stick it out, I know its driving you crazy but only 10 more months!!!!
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 11:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I am sorry that you are experiencing this. Growing up is not always an easy thing. unfortunately, we don't get to choose our families, we are stuck with what was handed to us. I suggest you could speak with a school counselor, opening your heart in a public forum like this could attract predators or people ill intentioned. Be careful, be safe and mostly be smart.

Education is powerful thing, it will open doors for you, you could focus on that instead of on your parents problems, soon you will become an adult yourself and could be in charge of your own life, in the mean time, get an education and you'll see things will get easier. Good luck to you and be smart and be safe, you control only one life, yours, do what is best for you.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 11:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• and support your mom as well! Addictions are easy, and she'll thank you for it in the future.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 11:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My mom did that too. I left at 13. You are almost there, I think you should hang on and finish school.

If you want to talk, PM me here and we can set something else up. I'm a little weird about putting my info so 'out there'
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Oh goodness, don't get on public space like this. Talk to a teacher or school counsilor. Don't give out your private information on the boards. That is dangerous.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• honestly I do believe if it's only 10 mnths you should stick it would take at least that long to get out any other way. You should however seek out counseling because you shouldn't have to deal with this on your own. Try and talk out your feelings to others in your family besides your mom. And other people as well don't let it be achip you have to bare alone. If you would ever like to just have some one listen you can PM me any time. I hope it gets eaier for you. I would also suggest you have a moving out game plan when you turn 18. Good luck I'm sorry I can't be more help.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• pnwmom just so you know a teacher or school counceler will speak with her mother which with an addict could be more dangerous than the little info she gave out here.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Where will you go at 18 that you can't go now? If mom is tending to herself and dad is tending to neighbor's kids (what's up with that?) then maybe they won't notice you gone if you have a safe place to go. Who's watching your brothers? Do you have relatives you can go live with? My sister's step grand daughter went to live with friends when she couldn't get along with her dad and step mother. She was only 17. As long as you don't go somewhere worse than where you are it could be ok. Ten months is a long time to suffer through that but it's your call.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Find yourself an al-anon meeting. If you are not safe, that's a whole other issue. But even if you leave the house, you are still going to have some issues to deal with about this, and al-anon is a great resource and source of support for you. You cannot reason with an addict, even if they seem reasonable at times. It's not about you and it's not about not loving you. Why is your dad always babysitting and why does this upset you? If you need to PM me, please do so. Sometimes I am not able to respond quickly, but I will when I can.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2009