Would you be OK sending your kids to Canada for College?

As savings head south some head north for college.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/#30270847

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You betcha! I would in a minute. My children have college degrees already but my grandchildren are already thinking ahead and their parents are worried about college costs. If they could afford a Canadian college, then why not?
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Absolutely. My sister is attending Toronto University,she is very happy with the education what she gets.

Anonymous

• Why not? A lot of Canadians send their kids here, so sure. I've learned that a college education, like most things, is what you make of it. What you put in is what you get out.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My kids can attend college where ever they want as long as it's a good college, not just going there to party!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:00 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I live in Canada so I would be very happy with it and I would be happy for my children when they are older to spend time in other countries. Our local University requires students in some courses to spend a semester or two at a college in the UK to gain a different perspective than they have here and from what I have heard it is very successful and popular. Of course, one of the attractions may be that it is near London which has a lot to offer besides studies!
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 2:15 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Only if he could afford it.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 6:58 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• A college age student is 18+ years of age, and would be legally should be able to make a decision as to where they want to continue their higher education. If the college has the program that they are interested in pursuing, it is a solid program (going to give them equal advantage when they are done), and they get accepted to the program, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be allowed to attend.

Whether or not the parents pay is moot. My children are young, but my husband and I agree that wherever our children get accepted to college, we'll figure out a way to pay/make it happen.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:44 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Since we already live in Canada, I don't have a problem with it! lol However, sending them to the US, that I have a problem with! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I went to McGill in Montreal as an American student and it was a tremendous experience and a great bargain.
    DanaMT

Answer by DanaMT at 8:01 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Absolutely. I don't think that a person would have to stay in the states in order to receive a quality education.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 8:24 AM on Apr. 18, 2009