• In the Spotlight:

Does everyone here have an animal? If you don't is it because you don't like them in your house?

My sister couldn't deal with the hair so I took her dog in : )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have a Boxer and he is part of the family and of course lives indoors.
    To each his/her own though... If people choose not to have a pet that is fine with me. It is the people who get one and then after the fact decide they can't deal with it and get rid of it that I have issues with. :( Thank you for giving your sister's dog a home.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• That is why we don't have a dog or a cat. I would love to have a pet but dh says they are too messy and they get hair every where. So I am just biding my time. I figure the kids will get older and eventually beg for one and hopefully he will give in.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I had two old cats. One I had put to sleep and the other went to a no kill shelter and was adopted right away (Maine coon, declawed, nice disposition). Both attacked my kids to the point that I couldn't ignore it. I miss a pet. I have a lame fish.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I would love to have a kitty or a small dog, but I wouldn't be able to handle the hair. I already have two kids and a manchild to take care of. lol
    Osstie

Answer by Osstie at 11:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I rent so I don't have a pet...one day I will have a house, a yard and then I will get a dog.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• We don't currently have any pets... we had a dog and two cats before we moved to a different state (and to an apartment that has a no-pets policy.) We found them great homes before we left, but I still miss them even four years later. My husband loves animals but does hate hair all over everything, so if we never got another animal, he'd be okay with it. However, as soon as we are able to move to a bigger place that allows us to have pets (or buy a house) we will get a dog and probably end up with a couple dogs and cats, as well as hamsters or gerbils or something. With four kids it's hard to tell what we'll end up with! My dogs and cats always have been and always will be indoor/outdoor animals. The only problem I have with animals is the dog smell, I never get used to that and HATE my house smelling like dog... wet or otherwise. LOL
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 11:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I HAVE 3 LITTLE YORKIES AND THEY ARE MY BABIES MY MOTHER DOG IS EXPECTING PUPPIES IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS CANT WAIT FOR THEM TO BE BORN I CANT IMAGINE MY LIFE WITHOUT THEM THEY ARE GREAT I CANT IMAGINE BEING WITHOUT A DOG MY LIFE WOULD BE SO LONELY WITHOUT THEM.
    georgia362

Answer by georgia362 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Osstie, there are some breeds of dog that don't shed at all, and many that shed very little. Some breeds of cat are more sheddy than others too... so if you really would like a pet and the hair is the only barrier, you might be able to find a breed that works really well for you with some looking!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 11:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Ive always had animals, usually cats. Cant live without them!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i have a wolf/husky (accidental breed), a siam/manx/godknowswhatelse cat, and 2 cockatiels.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 11:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2009