Loss of Apetite After birth/C-section

Im not sure what is going on, i had an emergency c-section on easter sunday, afterwards, i've notice im barely eating, and if nothing at all.
I feel hungry sometimes but cannot force myself to eat or make something to eat.
is this normal???

Mommy2Acey

Asked by Mommy2Acey at 11:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Health

• I had a vaginal birth, and I wasnt too hungry for a few weeks afterwards. Its normal, as long as your appetite returns eventually. Make sure you take some vitamins and at least eat something every day.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I was like that after 2 of my c-sections too. I just could not eat. I was thirsty, but the sight of food made me nauseous for weeks. I think a lot of it has to do with your hormones going crazy and the meds given during the c-section as well as the medications you may be taking. It will come back though!! Congrats on the birth of your baby by the way.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:02 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I've had 3 and felt the same way. Lost weight pretty quick...(then gained it back in a couple months lol)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2009