Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


i AM A SINGLE MOTHER AND JUST WENT THROUGH HORABLE CHEMO . I worked for the hospital and now my job laid me off but I am finally recieving disability .
But now I need to find a apt for me and my son by July 1st been trying but nothing is working does anyone no anything that will help I feel bad because my son already had to deal with me getting over cancer and now this. I am praying to GOd for his help but need someothers to maybe pray that an angel may be sent my way to get me through this I am trying to be strong for my son. I feel like I failing him and I dont know what else to do(crying)...


Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • I am very sorry. I somewhat know how you feel...when it rains it pours right? When things go bad for me, I always try and think of those people who have it worse. You got over cancer! There are people out there who weren't as lucky. You have a son! There are people out there who can't and won't ever be able to have a child. You are trying! There are people out there who don't try. Those are the people that are failing your kids. I don't know how old your son is but I can tell you that he knows everything that is going on. He knows you are trying your best, he knows you love him, he does not think you are a bad mom or that you are failing him. Children sense these things and they understand more than most people realize. You will get through this and everything is going to be alright. Don't let this tough time get the best of you! I'll pray for you. And remember there's only so much bad that can happen before things turn around

    Answer by Ash9724 at 12:34 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

  • Oh my! Since you don't have much cash, you could try renting a room if an apartment is too much money. Also, join a mommy play group right away-(if your son is still under 6). Networking now for the sake of your son is the best way to go about things. You'll gain female support and find help when you need someone to watch him. Good luck and may God Bless you.

    Answer by Danishlady at 12:33 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

  • have you tried the labor department or the des relocation services. There are also some emergencies hotlines you can get a list through WIC, des, or your closest hospital. If your in Az I have a list of places that can help. Good luck I hope things get better for you.

    Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

  • become a live in companion look on craigslist under domestic gigs. Knock on heaven! God's Speed!

    Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:38 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

  • I am so sorry. Ask your religious adviser for recommendations. Perhaps a notice could be put in the weekly bulletin about the need for a place to see if someone has an idea. Look in the paper for places. See if social services can help- you can find them by calling your local government and telling them the problem. Your illness and loss of your job are certainly both enough to cause you to feel hopeless. When you have regained your strength and gotten over losing your job, you will feel much stronger and more able to cope. Realize that right now you are in a vulnerable time of your life and continue praying. Perhaps you should consult your doctor, too, and get some work done to find if you are anemic or depressed and could be helped by some vitamins or med. Good luck.

    Answer by Bmat at 12:38 AM on Apr. 18, 2009