is 98.5 considered a fever? i feel nauseaus and have an annoying headache, im 35 weeks pregnant

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 12:48 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The last few weeks can be pretty darn miserable, mama... I think you're just getting closer and not actually fighting a virus or bacteria. Headaches, nausea, and heartburn are all par for the course with pregnancy. Papaya tablets can help with the heatburn, without the possible harmful side effects - like bounce-back reflux - that antacids can cause; sleeping in a recliner or propped up on pillows and eating small meals more often, and avoiding certain foods entirely can help some. The nausea might also be helped by eating more frequently and not getting overly full at meals.For the headaches you can try heat on your neck and/or cool on your forehead - I loved those menthol migraine sticky patches you can find at the drug store or Wal Mart, they were heaven! and you can also take Tylenol every now and then. Relaxation techniques also can help. (((hugs))) hope you find some relief trying some of the things suggested by everyone
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 1:07 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• that's the average human body temperature.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• well a .1 under. but still average. you don't need a fever to feel nauseated or have a headache.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• then why do i feel so sick, i just started today i guess cause i'm starting to struggle to sleep during the night, having acid reflux, insomnia and not being able to breathe, do you think this could be a sign of labor coming in around 2 or 3 weeks?
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 12:52 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• 98.5 is pretty much perfect body temp so you're good to go momma. I hope you feel better soon and get some rest =)
    feelgoodinc

Answer by feelgoodinc at 12:53 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Far from it. Anything over 103 in an adult is a fever and it has to last more than 24 hours. Its normal and it could be lack of sleep, dehydration, stress. Take some tylenol, get some rest and drink lots of water.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:56 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• im 37 weeks and I can relate to the acid reflux and that can definitely contribute to the nausea. My doctor told me to take tums and it's worked for me so far. I can also relate to the sleeplessness and I figure it's just preparation for my childs arrival also breathing will get easier once your little one drops which usually happens in the closer weeks to labor. Hope you feel better
    feelgoodinc

Answer by feelgoodinc at 12:57 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Thats a normal temp. And not to get your hopes up but I had acid reflux and insomnia for months before. I was absolutly miserable. It could mean anything.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:58 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Headaches & nausea are common during pregnancy, there is no reason for them to happen they just do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• That's a normal body temp. but I'm sure you still feel horrible. I'm only 16 weeks and sometimes I feel icky. I've heard that near the end things just go down hill. It's probably just because you're getting down to the nitty gritty. Just try and relax. Lay in bed, put a cold rag on your head, and maybe listen to some quiet music. That should help you fall asleep. And as far as I know [my doc ok'd this and everything] you can take some tylenol and it should get rid of that nagging headache, maybe get rid of the feverish feeling and could very well help your body relax enough to get a good nights rest. See if that helps! You probably just need some sleep. Good luck hun and feel better (:
    javila

Answer by javila at 12:59 AM on Apr. 18, 2009