Any ideas on a low budget b-day party 2 days from now for a 2 yr old to throw at home.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 12:49 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Cake and Ice Cream. Decorate and turn on the music and let the toddlers dance away. Get little toys for the kids to play. Have games age appropriate and let them play and just be themselves. Have fun!
    momofonewntmore

Answer by momofonewntmore at 10:27 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• CRAYOLA WATERPAINTS ARE THE BEST! Wet the paper first then have the kids paint in their own coloring book!!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:52 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Use the dollar store for decorations and things. At 2 a theme really isn't important to them its usually the parents who care. Bake the cake and decorate it yourself.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:52 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• use q-tips instead of paint brushes!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:53 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I am probably going to have my sons b-day at a park, its free and fun, make your own cake for a fraction of the price of a professionally made cake and get presents cheap from like walmart or k mart or something, i dont think kids that age really care for party bags too much but get some stuff at dollar tree and its all good
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I was freaking out about my DD's 1st birthday party. She loves Yo Gabba Gabba, so I handmade her a birthday card out of cardstock and had everyone sign it. What a nice keepsake! I was only able to buy her 2 presents, but she loves them. I made her some king-sized cupcakes (I got the pan from T.J. Maxx for $7, the cups for them cost $2 at Michael's) and frosted them myself with a pastry bag. We took plenty of pictures and had a great time. I don't know what I was so worried about!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 12:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Get one coloring book, and use your office copier to run extra pages! (If you dont get caught!) Make your own cake. Use sprinkles on top of cupcakes if your decorating skills suck. Buy off-brand chips and put in a big bowl, (no one will know). I like the painting idea. You can even gather up some rocks and paint them for pets. Just get some googly eyes from the craft store. ($1). Make kool-aide (cheaper than juice)
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2009