• In the Spotlight:

bath tubs?

Which way in the baby bath tub are they suposed to sit in there? My baby tub has a long slanted part and then a part thats up higher like a lil step or something. I always bathed her with her back and head at the higher part, but someone told me its suposed to be ther other way. So I tried that and she wiggled so much and splashed water in her face and kept arching her back and like slidding in, but I never had those problems the other way. Although it did look more comfortable. Anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just it both ways honestly! Does it matter???? Either way you are gettting them clean so dont worry about it. I use mine the opposite way because she spashs alot the one way. but sometimes I dont care so I do it the other way.
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 12:54 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I would assume the higher part is for the back and head for support. The smaller part is usually for the legs. It depends on the tub.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:54 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• maybe get a tub chair for her? my baby loves his!
    NEVER LEAVE BABY ALONE IN ANY SEAT.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:58 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Who ever said my baby was alone? I never would leave her alone?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• lol...yeah that was pretty random huh...lol .I dont remember, but my baby is 9 months now and for a while now she has been in this cute duckie inflatable tub we got at Target and we love it. I recommend it for your next tub.it is so cute
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 2:54 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• We have the inflatable ducky tub too. We got ours at Wal Mart. It's so cute and even has a spot on bottom to tell you if the water is too hot. And if you squeeze the beak it quacks! My 10mo ds loves it. He can sit up by himself and not worry about falling over because it's small enough that his back is always against a side and if he tipped forward he'd hit the other side.
    wirelessbubbles

Answer by wirelessbubbles at 3:09 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My tub had 2 sides, one for newborns and one for older babies. If your is like ours... it had a slanted side that we used until he was 4 or 5 months and then turned him the other way where he was able to sit up more and play when he got older. When he was able to sit unsupported we moved him to the big tub.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:27 AM on Apr. 18, 2009