Had a ultrasound for my ovaries, have questions

I went to a ultrasound appointment today. It wasnt a Vaginal Ultrasound, they decided to just do a normal one. My bladder was full. They made me drink 4 8oz glasses of water. Well, i always had a dull ache, sometimes shooting pain on my left ovary always. Kind of like when your ovulating. I used to feel either side ovulate but now its just my left. Well i told this to the ultrasound tech. He didnt say anything.

So when he was finished i heard him call a doctor on his blue tooth lol, He said if he wanted a vaginal ultrasound and he told him no. I guess the doctor asked him what he saw and the tech said "I see a few follicles on the right ovary and then a few follicles on the left" he hung up and i went home. I wont know anything till monday or tuesday.

Does that sound bad? I have two daughters ages 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 years old. Any thoughts please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It is probably cysts and its actually pretty normal. The tech shouldn't have said anything to the doctor over the phone as he does not read ultra sounds all he does if take the images so he could be wrong. Don't worry about it and if its anything I would suggest cysts.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:00 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I thought follicles where normal? And how do woman just get cysts and be normal? Yeah i know he just take pics but he had to call the doctor to ask if he wanted a vaginal ultrasound or that was it. Hmm. do they take it out by a needle through your skin?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I get cysts all the time. If they get too big and don't pass with your next cycle, then that’s when the doctors get concerned. BC usually prevents them from forming. But if you are trying to get pregnant, you may some experience cysts.

There was one time when I had a cyst and I knew I had. I felt pain on one side. I scheduled an appointment and they said I had one. They told me to come back after my cycle to make sure it went away. It did, but then I had another. The doctor said it was normal and a lot of women get them.

I know it is easier said than done, but try not to worry about it. I am sure everything is okay. Keep us posted.
    JenaElliott

Answer by JenaElliott at 8:54 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Why didn't they do vaginal ultrasound?
    I personally would find a new doctor. It is waist of your time ,money for not doing the vaginal ultrasound.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Somthing is wrong with that doctors office. They should never do a sono and not explain whats going on. In fact right after the sono you should have met with your obgyn and he or she should have told you what they found. How strange is that? As far as the follicels, I think thats good if your trying to get pregnant. Like I went in for an ultra sound yesterday and found out that my left overie ovulated and I have one follicel. The doctor said that this is all we want cause the goal is to just come out with one and not multiples. I would call and find out why you didnt see a doc. afterwards.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:56 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i dont know what to say. First off, the military pays for this. two i wouldnt have known they should of gone a vaginal instead a normal ultrasound. I said arnt you doing a vaginal and hes like no i dont have too unless i cant see anything. I had 4 glasses of 8oz of water. And the doctor i saw to get a referral isnt my doctor. My primary doctor, sent me to see a doctor who did have a ultrasound machine. Which is stupid because all the doctors i called (around 4) dont have ultrasounds in there offices. So i saw a new Primary care Obgyn for no reason to stick his fingers in me to tell me yea ok bye. He was some japanese dude who barely eveb said one word to me.

He would give me weird creepy smiles and i would tell him how my left ovary gives me pain and he said nothing but im going to send you to the hospital for a ultrasound. So when i did go yesterday the tech was a young guy who just did a 10 min scan.
    Anonymous