How do I report unequal opportunity employment?

I have been working for this company for almost seven yrs and I asked my DM (district manager) about moving up in the company but he just said he had no openings..I knew this was a lie because I had seen and still see many job postings for the position I want..I also spoke with my manager and he said my DM might think I'm not cut out for the position...and lately about 5 new people have been hired for this position and I have been the one to train them...what should I do? Should I report it to the labor dept. if so how can I do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• You can try and file a complaint with them but they could have hired in people they felt were better for the position or people who have held the position before. Just because your training them doesn't mean they are not qualified, everyone has to be trained when starting a new job but it doesn't mean they are unqualified for the position they were hired for.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:02 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Based on what you describe I don't think that's a basis for a report on an unequal opportunity. THey don't think you have what it takes and that's the reason it's denied
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• have you thought that maybe they like you in the position you are in because you work so well at it, and they don't want to remove you from it? It's still unfair of them, but that could be a reason for why this is happening. I would talk to them about finding a replacement for you so that you can move up in the company. Work with them, before working against them.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2009