• In the Spotlight:

symptoms with hpv?

So I have hpv but havent been to the doctor yet, and I have been feeling kind of sore down there lately and more so during and after having sex. Not like an infection, just sore. Is this from the hpv, or from having a baby 4 months ago?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Never hesitate to call a doc and talk to the nurse or get an appointment when it comes to "down there"!! I hate when they go looking around my "area" but you are WAY better safe than sorry!

Try researching the symptoms of hpv though. I havent had sex yet since having the baby because my hubby has been gone :(
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 2:23 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I have HPV also. They diagnosed me with it while I was pregnant. It has been 4 months since the baby for me too. They haven't said much about it since they said that I had it. And I haven't had any problems with it until about 3 days ago. I started spotting and I have a little blood in my urine. But that could also be a uti.....I haven't had any pains though. So I'm kinda in the same boat you are. If you find anything out. post it....i'll be looking! and Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I have it also it is imbarrasing though. I dont fully know what it means and I was diagnosed when I was pregnant also. Do you guys have any information about it?Can it hurt the baby? What is it?
    Anonymous

• HPV is prestages to cervical cancer. I was also disgnosed with it when I was pregnant,. After I had my daughter, they did another papsmear, and it was normal. The body can sometimes heal itself with these things, I was told, I still need to go for a new check up (pap smear) in 6 months, though.
    It is a form of std that you get from the mans penis, not sure about the full facts, but it can develop into cervical cancer if not treated.
    Go see a doctor, to get it looked at.

LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 5:30 PM on Apr. 18, 2009