how far along were you when...

How far along were you when you found out the sex of your baby? I know 20 weeks is the norm..but I'm just wondering if you all found out right at 20 weeks or sooner or later. Just curious. I'm 16 weeks and getting pretty anxious (:

javila

Asked by javila at 1:16 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 20 weeks with this one was an attempt lol. He/She was modest. With my daughter it was 18 weeks. :)

I only get 1 u/s per pregnancy though so it's hit or miss ;)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:16 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I found out at 18 weeks. My U/S tech told me she found out way earlier than that with all of her kids because she and her U/S friends/co-workers did ultrasounds on her starting at like 10 weeks until they could see the gender lol.

I was anxious to find out too but it will be here before you know it believe me!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:22 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• 18 weeks with my first & 15 with second. I can't wait to find out with this baby... and I'm only 4 weeks lol.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 1:23 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I was almost 21 weeks with this one and dying to know that extra week like to have killed me waiting, then she wouldn't open her legs, so i ended up paying the 80 dollars to go to Becoming Mom maternity spa, and they did an ultrasound. HAHA its a girl. With my first little princess i found out at 19 weeks, but it is very rare that they do it early because They want to be absolutely sure its far enough along that you will be able to tell for sure ! SO hang in there .. after that it seems like the weeks just fly by !!
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 1:26 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• 18 or 19 weeks. For two weeks before the ultrasound, I was rubbing my belly and telling him to spread his little legs, and boy, did he! He left NOTHING to the imagination! LOL It was wonderful. We had them double check again when they did another u/s at 36 weeks. Still a boy then, and still a boy when he came out.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:29 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• 20 weeks :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I haven't found out yet but i scheduled the big ultrasound today. I'll be 19 weeks if the baby cooperates=] they wouldnt schedule it any sooner than that for me.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I found out at 20 weeks, I've heard it really depends on how your baby is laying too...but ours was right out in the open =)
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 1:53 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My first girl was shy--and I didn't want to know anyway. It was a 20 week ultrasound. My second was guessed a boy at 20 weeks & then confirmed (little flasher, lol) about 2 weeks later as the dr requested a second ultrasound. My 3rd was guessed a girl at 20 weeks & she is a little girl. Remember, you won't actually "know" until baby is out--some babies it is pretty obvious but the tech or doc can still make a mistake. Best of luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 2:08 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• 21 weeks. i was dying to know!!! with my next I dont want to know
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 2:57 AM on Apr. 18, 2009