I cant get my son to calm down and go to bed can any help?

My son is 9 mo. i have tried singing to him, rubbing his back and everything i can think of, i have been trying to get him to sleep for the past ttwo hours. if u have any advice or something that would be so helpful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you tried to let him cry it out? it sucks and its hard, but if he is so tired hes worked himself up that much than for my daughter, any type of attention just keeps her up, especially when she was that age. try letting him cry for 5-10 mins if you havent already. if you have and you think you can go longer go ahead and give it a shot. if you can't do it b/c you can't handle that (which is fine each of us is diff)
    is he sick? like hes been crying the whole time? maybe he is teething, give him whatever you have for teething and see if that calms him down
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:32 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• If he is wide awake, put on some dance music and dance with him for a while. Enjoy this time. He will be young for only a short time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• try music
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:36 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Put him in his bed, and let him fuss it out. Some times babies get over stimulated too and just need to be left alone in a safe calm spot. For that matter children, adolesants and adults get they way too from time to time.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:25 AM on Apr. 18, 2009