fruit?

I am trying hard to lose weight. How bad would it be for me to sit and eat a whole can of fruit. Pineapple to be exact. I love fruit, and I have the munchies bad, and figure that would be better than chowing on chips or cheese its. So how bad would it be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Well can fruit really isn't that great for you... It would be best to much on fresh fruit.... can fruit is packed with added surgars.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:31 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• ya go with fresh fruit that way you dont get the extra sugar. or don't eat the whole can, put some in a bowl and limit yourself to that
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:33 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• go for it!! carbs are our friends!!2
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:39 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• My problem with fresh fruit is that I always for get I have it and then it goes bad. Oh yeah that reminds me of my cucumber in my fridge. seelol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Canned fruit isnt' that good for you b/c of the corn syrup and sugar in it...defeats the purpose
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• You can always freeze fruit like blueberries and strawberries - then you can incorporate them into smoothies or other things. I'd stay away from the canned stuff, too, w/ all that syrup and crud.
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 8:34 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Fresh fruit is best. I have a morning smoothie of 10 bananas. Fruit is very very good for you. You should try having a large leafy green salad too.

Pineapple is good to eat but many people can't eat too much because it hurts their teeth/makes gums bleed. Fresh is best.

You will find that the more fruit you eat the more energy you get HOWEVER it is important to eat low in fat. Fat can cause issues with fruit and is the cause of yeast infections and other sugar problems ( not the sugar).
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• You would be much better off with brown rice and veggies (carrots, broccoli, onion, etc.).

Answer by rkoloms at 11:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• You can get a whole freash pinapple already cut into chuncks at the store. And it is not loaded up with the sugar they need to put in the can to keep it from going bad.
    Try making small snacks in the moring and eat them every 2 or 3 hours to bost you motablism.
    kristinmamaof2

Answer by kristinmamaof2 at 9:13 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• You should eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in a rainbow of colors. Pineapple (without sugar) is great for one or two servings, but you also need to eat green (avocado, kiwi, broccoli, spinach) orange/red (beets, oranges, sweet potatoes, carrots). You should also eat 7 servings of whole grains every day: brown rice, quinoa, whole grain breads, whole wheat pasta, corn tortillas, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2009