quiting smoking tips?

Any one have tips on how to quit smoking without gaining weight. I want so badly to quit smoking and have tried many times. But I just had a baby not too long ago and have to lose weight. I have to fit into a dress in a few months that doesnt fit. No bashing please....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• chantrix :hubby used it and it WORKS!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:05 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• gum lotsa gum...sugar free hard candies...do not go into resturants or places that allow smoking until you can handle it...try to figure out your "triggers" things that you would normally do with a cigg...like your morning coffee or talking on the phone and find other things to do while you are doing that...walk or excecise when you want a cigg this helps lose the weight and gets your head off the ciggy....good luck!! i've quit once when i was preg with my first and wasn't able to not start again so i know how hard it is, make sure you have a good nonsmoker or someone who has already quit smoking, to support you that way when you need the support its not while you listen to a friend smoke on the phone or step outside for a cigg while you are craving one yourself
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:06 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Everyone in my family smokes, and so does my SO. We dont smoke in the house. But my biggest thing is I smoke after I eat, when Im bored, and a lot when im driving. And I sometimes have to drive 40 minutes for work. Its illegal to smoke anywhere around here now. 15 feet away from any door or window. So i wont have to worry about restaurants or anything.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 2:09 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Rubik's Cube. Don't worry about solving it, just keep it with you to keep your hands busy. Another option is the little sliding numbers box puzzle where you have to rearrange the numbers until they're in order.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:14 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• when you are driving chew gum, suck on a lolipop anything to keep your hands busy. try not to go cold turkey that makes it harder. i found when i quit with my daughter, that it wasn't so much the whole cigg i wanted, if i lit it and puffed i was ok after that so i would throw the rest out. and i think b/c i wasn't getting as much nicotine by doing that it made it easier. it is a big waste of money but so is smoking in the first place really so. is he going to quit with you? that might make it easier. i would talk to him about that. its better for your baby that way anyways. my husband is deployed with the navy right now and we are quiting "together" even though he isn't here. that way when he gets back we will both be done for good. thats the goal. it makes it a little easier to have that quit buddy i can email him and vent about how much i want one and he can email or call me and vent the same way and we encourage each other
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:15 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• buy a nasty ass tasting pack of cigarettes..it'll help you cut tremendously and eventually you wont want another one. thats how i did it this pregnancy. i was never able to get below 5 a day w my other 2 pregnancies
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:57 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• replace smoking with walking.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 12:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• EXERSIZE. you'll be so out of breath you can't smoke. Driving was the worst for me. I just had to tough that one out.....ugh. I've been quit for 2 months now.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2009