Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pain during sex

ok, i hope this is not tmi, but when my husband and i have sex, if he goes in too far, it is a shooting pain (severe)! Also when i sit down afterwards, it feels like a lot of pressure and cramping. Has anyone else experienced this or know what could cause this?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Health

Answers (3)
  • Yes. My husband is on the longer side and when he goes in in certain positions he hits my cervix, which I have also been told is a bit on the funky side. It feels like a stabbing pain and can sometimes make me nausceous. Sometimes if it is like a light tap and not so hard I can handle it but it usually makes me lose my focus. I dont think there is really anything that you can do about it. Ask him if he notices. My man does and says it feels like he is running into a brick wall so it doesnt feel good for him either. Try changing position when it happens. Sometimes just a little adjustment and it is all gone!

    But if you have any other problems I wouldnt hesitate to see a doc about it

    Answer by HunnysFarAway at 2:18 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

  • yeah, that happens to me too. My cervix is low, so if we are not carful... he can hit it and will hurt. There are positions that seem to be better for this. I was told to do kegals to get everything back up were it belongs. But while it hurts, I wouldn't say the pain is sever... it was only really really unbearable when I developed a cervical infection and uterine infection after a miscarriage.

    Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:39 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

  • it sounds like he is hitting your cervix. try having sex with you on top so you can control depth.

    Answer by trepsica at 12:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.