Ideas for scrapbooking Memories of a Father???

The Father of my Daughter passed away before even seeing her turn 2, now only being 2 1/2 I was wondering some ways that I could scrapbook some of the pictures of her and her daddy or possibly just do one whole scrapbook of just the two of them together... ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS OR TIPS PLEASE SUGGEST???

mystics_draco69

Asked by mystics_draco69 at 2:28 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• so sorry how sad! I think a pretty book is nice idea not good at this myself but I love to wander the craft stores maybe copying pics of them together somehow at staples?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:32 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• One thing I would do and I have started for my girls in case I or my husband were to pass before they get older is make a book of her dad, put a picture of him in there list his favorite colors, past times, music etc. This way she will still be able to learn about him and maybe feel she has some connection. This may sound silly but I would want my girls to know the simple things about one of their parent's if something were to happen, it may not seem important now but you never know in the future they may wonder what daddy's favorite song was or his memory of them. Sorry for your loss.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:57 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Make a story book of it, about her father.. Start it off so it shows him at a young age (if possible) and show some hobbies he loved, etc, and work your way to the day she was born, and then do pictures of them. That way when she is older, not only can she have some photos, but some ideas as to what her father was like. I'm really sorry about both of your loses. And I wish you the best of luck.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Just a suggestion, but I have made a ton of cool books at www.snapfish.com. You could insert all of the pictures of her and dad chronologically (if you have them in digital form.) You can put any sort of quote, cute things he said to her, etc. Then, once it's delivered, you could spruce it up with stickers, decals, any sentimental stuff.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 10:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i am so sorry. Creative Memories has a digital program that you download and do the scrapbook all on the computer. You can do it the fun way and do it page by page yourself. There are lots of papers, stickers, etc at Hobby Lobby, Michaels and JoAnne Fabrics. Make sure you journal about him and what he said when he found out he was going to be a daddy, how he reacted the first time he seen her, etc. Look on different scrapbooking websites for ideas. Check out scrapbooking magazines for layout ideas. I would make one album of all the pics you have of him and of them together. You could have his parents tell you stories about him to add to the book, pics of him growing up. As a baby, toddler, elementary school, MS, high school, etc. Include pics of the two of you together (wedding pic if you were married). Have fun with it and it will be something she will cherish forever. When it is finished you can look at it with her and

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• cont. remember him and how much he loved her.

• You could do a digital storybook! :) There is a FREE software download available at this site: http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/chrissydetary/catalog-index?event=productlocales&eventId=275&productGroupId=11281&categoryId=&categoryIdParm=%7C273%7C274%7C&pageTitle=FREE+StoryBook+Creator+2.0+Software+Download&relatedItem=N&qtyOrdered=&productId=&itemSku=&act=&selectedCategory=275

and I am more then happy to help, you have any questions! PM me! :)
    cldetary

Answer by cldetary at 1:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2009