Christian music in a public franchised resturant.

My DH and i were eating at a locally owned franchise of Wendy's. We hadnt been there more then 5 minutes when i noticed the music was strictly christian. I was a little put off by it and was tempted to ask them to change it. But decided against it. It really wasnt my business to tell people what to listen to. So, i just tuned it out.

If you are a "non-believer" how would you have felt about being in a well known resturant that played chirstian music? Christians how do you feel about playing christian music in a resturant, where people of all beliefs eat?

momie_of_munch2

Asked by momie_of_munch2 at 3:10 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Really? You do realize that secular music offends as well right? I personally don't care what music they play as long as its not cussing and sex sex sex. I'm a Christian and even if it were Muslim music I'd be okay with it. It's not my business after all. And when I own my business I can play whatever I want...so can you.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:20 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• did you see where i said: "It really wasnt my business to tell people what to listen to. So, i just tuned it out."?

I think that says that i didnt mind it to much after all.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 3:23 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• haha, sorry I guess I had a lil attitude. I just think it's unfortunate that Christians have to take their faith out of everything. The person who owns the establishment should have that option. And non-Christians should realize that in many cases secular music is offensive because of the things that are said or worshipped in their lyrics. Whether it be another person, money, sex, whatever. Plus its America and we have that freedom...or at least should have it.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:57 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Bout time! Christians have had to put up with trashy worldy music forever---Wendy's founder was a Christian. I'm glad to hear someone had the guts to finally do it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I think it's ridiculous that a major chain like Wendy's would allow that. Actually, I don't think they would, but, it's possible they cater to the area. IMO, most Christians wouldn't appreciate, listening to other Gods being either praised or denounced, so, it should be universal (including offensive secular music) . A franchised establihment should keep things neutral. A small business owner should exercise thier freedom of expression (thru music & other means). But, a chain shouldn't, I don't go to Wendy's for atmosphere, I go for the spicy chicken sandwich's, if they want my business they should consider ALL thier consumers, & usually they will because it effects thier bottom line.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 5:41 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I think its great if it is going to help someone to the Lord
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:56 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I think it is great that they do that. I too get sick of the secular stuff.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:57 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I would complain to the manager and leave.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 8:27 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Christians don't complain when we here secular music in any place of establishment. Considering food chains can be be indepently operated they have every right to listen to any genre of music they please. If you don't like it you are free to go to any other Wendy's you like.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 8:42 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• There are two restaraunts here that do the same and I think it's great. Two....out of ALL the places to eat...play Christian music. Pizza Ranch and Culver's.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:42 AM on Apr. 18, 2009