My 11 day olds skin is peeling badly is this normal if not what do I do?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 6:13 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try Eucerine. It is an awesome moisturizer. One of mine had bad dry flaky skin on his forehead and hairline when he was an infant. I used to flick it and rub it off as I held him. Couldn't help it. Now he is 12 and always rubs his own forehead when he is sleepy. I believe I caused this behavior. No big deal. Don't worry about the skin unless it is irritated.
    satuaki

Answer by satuaki at 7:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• its normal just keep putting baby lotion on him or her and it will go away

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:16 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Totally normal. It should go away soon. I wouldn't put any lotion on it because baby skin is super sensitive, use something organic if you do. I was recommended olive oil. Don't be freaked out when they get baby acne in a month or two, this is normal as well. The sweat glands don't really start to work till then and it takes awhile for the skin to adjust. Just leave it alone is the best thing.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 6:23 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Well the acne I had with my other kids just not the peeling skin. Thank you so much.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:25 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• your welcome God bless
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:27 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I never had peeling skin with any of mine. Cradle cap, sure, but peeling skin?

Personally, if it's bad and/or if it peels even worse after being touched you should have her seen by a doctor.

There are conditions that do this, and (not that this is what she has!!) one of them is NOT good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Peeling is very common especially if your baby happen to be overdue at all. DON'T put anything on it... lotion isn't good for new babies. It will sluff off and your baby will have nice baby skin soon.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:14 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Actually my baby was post term
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:34 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• yes it's normal... Eucerin Cream worked the best for my son! But consult the pediatrician first!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:22 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• yeah, its normal. I had 5 babies and never had this happen until I had my now 2 year old. I FREAKED OUT, lol. I took her to the doctor thinking there was something seriously wrong with her. When I took her to the doctor he said that it will happen sometimes because they are shedding dead skin cells that they couldn't shed while they were inside the womb.
    pajamk

Answer by pajamk at 8:53 AM on Apr. 18, 2009