what is the best way to clean the dirt rings in a tub?

MY bathtub is getting pretty grimy from my son's dirty butt lol..whats the easiest and best way to clean that and the non slip mats? Can I just do a bleach and water solution and let it sit in the stub???

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:20 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I use bleach and let it sit for about 20mins and it works great

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:32 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• You can use crl, or comit works great or ajax's. Whatever you used just wet the tub and let it soak as you would need a whole bottle of bleach to water ratio to actually clean the tub. CRL is calcium, lime and rust remover and it works wonders.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:21 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Here is safe way my bathtubs are look so white and shiny when i am done.. MR. CLEAN MAGIC ERASERS BABY!!!! just use water and when your done if you want to kill germs spray some of that natural clorox spray!!!
    sarabeth1

Answer by sarabeth1 at 10:34 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• we lived in a house built in 1902 and it had the original cast iron tub. it was beautiful but the people that lived there before me had Hawaiian flower non slip things and didn't remove them to clean the tub. i tried everything. i left a STRONG bleach solution OVERNIGHT on it and it didn't even touch it. but then i got a magic eraser and it just WIPED AWAY. i nearly peed my pants i was so excited! give it a try!
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 12:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I love soft scrub. For the mat, I just run a little bleach and water and let it soak.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• baking soda, or vinegar.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I used to clean houses and all the above ideas are wonderful! I had this one house to clean, she was a new client. her ring in her tub was thick and nasty, nothing worked! as a last resort and out of frustration I used the toilet brush! worked great!! lol
    Another client I had was into pure cleaning products and got me some tea tree oil bathroom cleaner from the local health food store. She wanted me to use it and I wasn't sure how it would work on her scummy tub or rust stains. Worked fantastic!! and the smell was pretty decent as well.
    Anonymous

• Kaboom works the best that I have found
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2009