Do dogs go to heaven?

In the past three years we have lost two dogs to old age and just last night we lost o ur 2 year old Boxer because he was hit by a car. There was no chance of saving him.
I want to believe our dogs of gone to heaven.

dae43123

Asked by dae43123 at 7:15 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pets

• Oh - I am so sorry for your loss.

Yes all dogs go to heaven. At least my Mom always said that growing up and I have told my kids that too. So yep they go to heaven.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 7:19 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I don't think they do. Animals don't have souls like humans.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• HEY - dont ever say that - my dogs have souls!!!!!!
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 8:18 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I told my son our cat went to heaven.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 8:41 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Technically, animals were not created in God's image like humans were. They don't have a soul like we do, and when they die, that's it for them. However, Heaven is supposed to be a place of joy and great pleasure, so I choose to believe that our beloved pets will be there. Although, our last doggy was such a naughty dog that if I see him after I die, I'm gonna question whether or not I'm actually in heaven! LOL

Everyone has their own opinion on this but I think this is one of the many things we'll never know for sure until we get there.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 8:42 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• one of my favorite old twilight zone episode was about a guy and his dog that died at the same time. well the devil came along and tried to convince the man to go to hell. but he wouldn't let the dog go with him and the man refused to go because "it ain't heaven without my dog". he later learned from the man sent from heaven to collect him that it was indeed the devil trying to get him to go to hell, but they don't like dogs because they can smell the fire and brimstone and will refuse to go any where near hell which alerts their human into realizing something is wrong. and of course the dog was allowed into heaven.

So now, when ever I hear some one say that animals don't have a soul I theorize that those people could mistakenly end up in hell. where animals don't go. I also theorize that if there is a heaven and hell, that I hope my dog Jenna is there to meet me at the crossroads. just one of my many theories about death.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:08 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i think that the power of believing has a way of making things real.
    since there's no way to really know if they go to heaven or not- i choose to just believe it. that has definetly given me comfort. i hope you can find comfort too. the loss of a loved pet is so hard.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 9:27 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• A dog's life here on earth can be either heaven or hell. I don't pretend to know what happens when they die. I do believe that we, as responsible caretakes of the earth, need to make this life heaven (or whatever) for any and all beings that we can. The idea of a soul is irrelevant in this matter.
    Malevola

Answer by Malevola at 9:28 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• They dont have souls they return to dust.is what Ive always heard........................But I like to think they do....because the bible talks about the LION and The Lamb laying together in peace!!!! So......................
    amberwavesI

Answer by amberwavesI at 9:35 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I am sorry for your lost. Personally, I don't believe that heaven exist. I believe that if you choose to believe that that is where they are, then that's that. Whatever helps you go through the grief process.

Every life is unique for a person or animal, so if in your heart you feel they are in heaven, that is exactly were they will remain in addition to close to your heart.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 9:50 AM on Apr. 18, 2009