how to get my 10 month old to sleep in his crib instead of our bed

I know I am to blame for letting him sleep with me but when you're really tired you will do anything for a little sleep! Anyways now he is still waking up 3-4 times a night to breast feed,is very restless when he is sleeping and I am still very tired. I want him to sleep through the night in his crib now please!

tiredmommy220

Asked by tiredmommy220 at 7:48 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He needs his space that is why he is restless. Put him in the crib during the day for his naps and then at night before he falls asleep. Let him fuss it out for a little bit when you lay him down. He doesn't need to eat during the night at that age. He should go at least 8 to 10 hours 12 at the most without eating. You just have to put him in his bed no matter how tired you are. I have a 7 month old and I am exhausted by the end of the day but she goes in her own bed and cries it out because I need my time alone and my alone time with my hubby as well. If she hasn't stopped in 15 to 20 minutes then we get her back up for 20 minutes then its off to bed again. CONSISTENCY and a good schedule and within a week he should be a champ at sleeping alone. Feed him a meal an hour before you nurse and he should be fine all night don't run and get him to nurse.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:56 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• With my son, I had been bringing him to bed when he woke up in the morning (around 2 or 3 am) and he got so accustomed to sleeping with me that he barely slept in his crib, and I barely slept in my bed. I needed to get some rest, so I decided I need to put him in his crib, and leave him there. The first night I set him down at 930. He fussed and screamed for an hour and a half before he fell asleep. The next three nights he fussed for 15 mins before falling asleep, now he cries once or twice before he falls asleep, and for the most part sleeps through the night without waking me. Just make sure you fill his belly (I give my son applesauce and a glass of milk right before bedtime, no matter how much he ate at dinner.) He might wake up occasionally and I give him a bottle to help put him back to sleep. Last night he woke up, cried once and went back to sleep on his own.

Good luck! Hope it works out for you!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:06 AM on Apr. 18, 2009