Good ideas for sack lunch in the summer.

I need lots of Ideas , My DS will be bring his lunch 5 days a week for 8 weeks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• PB& J, lunchable meals, any kind of sandwich if they have a place to store it, if not you can always find ready made meals he can eat. How old is he, will it be a camp he is going to or what? Can they warm up food if needed? You can always do veggies and fruits with cheese and crackers, egg salad, tuna salad, bologna, easy mac if he can get to water and a microwave or someone else can do it for him. It all depends on the situation and if he has access to a fridge and microwave.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:49 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• get a little insulated lunch box and a ice pac (target sells them in the cooler isle). You can have anything when you have a lunch box with ice pack! Everyday I have 3 lunches going out the door and all are in a insulated carrier.
    I keep stock on fruit, fresh and cups of fruit, yougert and gogurt, baby carrots, little containers from ziplock storage are great for cottage cheese! and ranch dressing to go with the carrots. You can make pasta salads or turkey rollups. meat and cheese sanwiches. if he will eat hardboiled aggs peel a few then stick them in a plastic container(don't want them mushed). also granola bars and cereal bars. put peanut and raisens in a little ziplock. and have him help you that way he's more likely to eat it. one thing thats a hit is cut up fresh fruit, 3 or 4 kinds to make it a fruit salad. also juice boxes or pouches that fit into the lunch box.
    Good luck!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• First, get a Sigg or other stainless steel water bottle. They can be filled with water or juice and frozen; they will be drinkable by lunch, and keep the food chilled. I have a huge list and will add as much as will fit. contact me for the complete list.

Food:

1. Cream cheese and jelly sandwiches, cut up into quarters or fingers

2. Peanut Butter Roll-ups (cut crusts off a slice of bread, flatten it out, put peanut butter + other toppings, roll up. Optional: slice into 4's with toothpicks to keep from unrolling.

3. Cream Cheese Cucumber Pita Sandwich (almost any sandwich can go in a pita!)

4. Nut butter and fruit spread sandwiches on bread, cut up into quarters or fingers

5. Nut butter sandwiches on small crackers

6. Peeled hard boiled egg, ha

Answer by rkoloms at 11:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2009