My family thinks my kids names are screwed up and going to damage them for life, What's your thoughts?

Wesson Wayne
WESSON -English: A variant of Weston meaning western settlement, arithmetic buddies with words like Indomitable, Melancholic, Forbearing, Robust, Predictable, Respected, Willful, Wandering, Enchanting
Wayne- Old English: Wagon Maker, Strong Spirit
Skye Lynn
Skye-English: Sky, untamed Spirit
Lynn- Old English -Near A Lake Or Pond, Tall Unbending Tree
Emmber Rose
Emmber - English: Anniversary Ember Day Is A Day In Lent Devoted To Fasting And Prayer Also Modern Usage As Rhyming Va, Undying Flame
Rose - Latin :Of The Rose Blossom, Beauty

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 8:45 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Cool names. As far as them being teased...heck, a kid can get teased cause his name is John. Doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks. My mom didn't like what we named our daughters either but then she preferred names like Mary and Jane. One is Dani Maleen the other is Sarah Janae'....then we adopted a girl and kept her original name, just adding our surname at the end....so she got stuck with Alejandra Imelda Garin Jeminez....(and then our surname)...we discovered that they don't make the name line on forms long enough. LOL. We currently have a Christoher Allen Lee and a Cassandra Morgan.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 10:11 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• They are your kids and it doesn't matter if you named them adam or steve at some point their name will be made fun of its apart of life. Its your decision and if your happy then who cares my family hated our daughters name but we named her it anyways and now they like it as they have no choice.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:53 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I have a wierd name, Selene (like Melanie). I got teased terribly in elementay schoool. By the time I go to HS the mean teasing, had turned into playful freindly teasing. I hated my name for years, but now of course love it. When you have a wierd name you have to grow a thinck ckin & a good sense of humor, but those are great tools for life anyway right? Don't worry about screwing up your kids with wierd names. There are a LOT of other things to worry about screwing them up! Anyway....what's in a name???
    MamaApio

Answer by MamaApio at 8:57 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I've pretty much come to the conclusion that we are screwed. all of us. we are going to do something of some sort that is going to send our kids to therapy when they are older and we probably won't know what it is at the time till they come home in a dress going "ma.. look what you did to me!". so don't take it to hard. =)

(disclaimer: I have nothing against transsexuals, especially ones from Transylvania!)
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 8:57 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• sometimes, family members have to be ignored. your kids names are beautiful.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 9:18 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I see a LOT of teasing in their future. Especially Emmber because it looks like it's just a typo or spelled wrong.

Wesson, as in your other post, vegetable oil and with the double initials like that "wah-wah" or sounds like a speech impediment.

I'm sorry, but you asked for our thoughts. They sound very "hippy-ish" and I don't think of those names when I think of those in professional positions.

I appreciate that you probably put a lot of thought into the names, though!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• "I don't think of those names when I think of those in professional positions." Can you get any snottier, Anon 8:25? The way people keep on naming their kids interesting names, in 20 years half the doctors and lawyers in the world will have names like "Autumn" and "Dalziel" so you better get used to it.
    To the OP, your kids, your names and I really don't think your kids futures depend on what you named them.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:38 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• They are children and i personally like rose so much that we named are daughter ROSE as her middle name. You made the child named them anything you feel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I like your kids' names, the flow. I've heard worse, ALOT worse. I hate when ppl gives their kids names that you cant pronounce or they add way too many letters than the normal version. Some employers judge you based on your name, which disgusts me. But as long as you like them that's all that should matter. And if someone is bold enough to ask you: "You named your kid what??" Say "Yeah. And?" and keep it moving.
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• lol those arent bad, at least you didnt name him adolf hitler whatever that one weird family named their son
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:51 AM on Apr. 18, 2009