Help this is my first pregnancy and i have no clue what these pains are that im feeling!

I keep feeling a sharp stabbing in my pelvic area that comes and goes. It is lasting about 30-40 seconds. I don't know if these are contractions because its been described to me to so differently. I had my membranes stripped yesterday. I'm also feeling a tightening in my stomach and it gets kind of difficult to breathe through it. But I'm not feeling it when I feel the stabbing pain it follows the stabbing pain. What are these pains.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how far along are you? They sound like they could be contractions
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:25 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• They could be contractions. If you had your membranes stripped usually within 72 hours you go into labor. So be prepared as the cramping and stretching and cramping pains could lead to contractions. Your pelvis is preparing itself and the baby may be descending into the birth canal farther.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Call your doctor and get in there to get checked it sounds like labor to me. How far along are you?
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:37 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• If you are planning on a more natural approach I would saty home and see what happends. No need to just run to the hospital. See if the keep getting stronger. Sounds laike maybe mild contractions but having your membranes stripped can cause you to be just generally crampy too so I wouldnt rush into things. They are more likely to keep gaining strength if you stay at home and relax a bit, you will need it if it is labor, or talk a nice walk around the block. If you go to the hospital to early they will just send you home or give you pitocin to make your contractions stronger, and you dont sund like you are quite ready tfor that yet. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:50 AM on Apr. 18, 2009