baby wrap/sling/carrier- which do you LOVE best?

i am a mom of 4... ages almost 6, almost 4, almost 2 AND 1 mo old. I am EBF and would like to find a sling/wrap i can wear the baby which is great also for nursing in public or simply having FREE hands to catch my 2 y/o, lol.

Which wrap have you had like/love or hate to help me make a decision as to which one to get... Also, if there are any CM mama's that make them please give their name or screen name to get them business rather than going thru a corp. THANKS ladies!

Melissa

mommy-2-3

Asked by mommy-2-3 at 9:33 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I make slings that I used for my son. I had bought a bunch & didn't like any of them enough so I played around with the pattern until I found the one I now make and sell on my website. they hold my 22lb son still and you can see a pic of it on my profile. On my site you can pick from many different cotton fabrics to get the excact fabric you want. they are really comfy & don't strain your back
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 10:11 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I liked the snugli, but I also like the ring slings, and maya slings? I think they're called...

I have made a couple wraps, and am going to be making a couple of slings for a friend for their baby. I know how to make some, and can learn how to make any other style if materials are available.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:36 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Wrap ~ My favorite was my wool blend Didymos NINO. Very soft, just the right amount of stretch, warm in the winter and cool in the summer.

Ring slings ~ Sleeping Baby Productions. The way Jan sews the shoulder makes it very easy to get it set right. Even a first timer can feel like a pro with this brand.

Soft-structured carrier ~ Beco. There are a lot of variation in these types of carriers, and it comes down to finding one that fits your body type.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 9:59 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i <3 the Moby style wrap for newborns. Once they are a bit older, I'm a fan of ring slings.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Oh...go here:  http://thebabywearer.com.  You'll find all kinds of info, and independant makers.  As well as a message board where they sell gently used carriers.  Buying and selling that way makes it easier to try out a bunch of different carriers without spending a lot of money.

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:02 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Sling - Amy Coe (you can get it at babies r us) I like it bc it's handsfree AND I can walk and feed my daughter in public which is nice. It also grows with them and I think it can be used until they hit 3. I got mine as a baby shower gift and it's been a lifesaver!

piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 10:34 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i have an ergo baby carrier. i am soo in love with it. it can be worn from or back, i can nurse in it, and my son is totally comfortable in it. he hated the bjorn, ring sling and the pouch sling i have, so it was a great find for us.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 11:14 AM on Apr. 18, 2009