How much money did you have saved when you conceived your first child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• About 25k. It would have been more, but I had some issues and fertility treatments ate away thousands of dollars in medical expenses. I think you really need to have money put away before you have kids. It gives you a little freedom. When I wanted to take a year off of work to be home with my babies, money was there for me to do it. My house was also paid for and I can put a lot of money up for my kids' education.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• None.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• We had several thousand, then we built a house, and by the time he was born, had almost nothing. It was a pretty tight time, and a worry about having nothing for a rainy day.

Answer by Bmat at 10:16 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• We had nothing saved up cause we were only in our early 20's and lived pay check to pay check like we still do. The only thing that mattered is that we were able to pay all of the bills and support our baby and we have done that. The baby shower helped extrememly cause I got everything I needed so that was a big help. Now for our next baby we will have everything except diapers etc. but you can always buy some of that stuff leading up to delivery.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 10:23 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Absolutely none =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:29 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• NONE! there is no amount of money that will make you able to have children...i know when we first started talking about having kids, my hubby would say i want to have enough money saved up, and i said well then we are never having kids because no amount will ever be enough! and well we ended up not having any! and we are managing just fine! We are broke, but she has a TON of toys, clothes, and a cabinet FULL of food! LOL
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:33 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• None because we were spending every bit of it on bills, and doubling them. Now here we are almost a year after giving birth with a paid off home and 2 paid off cars. That gives a lot of extra money for other things we need.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Mine was a suprise, and I have never saved money. I think that no one is ready to have kids. No amount of finaces is enough and no amount of experience matter. Anything can happen. Your baby might be very sick, and drain you, or your baby can be just fine and you will be just fine. Babies are always a surprise, I cant wait for mine =)
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 10:37 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• well me and my DF were 18 went we found out we were preggers. We are both high school drop outs and had minimum wage jobs, we lived at his moms house and we paid $350 for our room there and still managed to save well over a hundred dollars. We would save all of our change and never use any of it, even when our total came to like $11.01! It was very smart, and we used the money to get our first apartment, and I was the only one working by the time we got it!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:45 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• 0$
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 10:54 AM on Apr. 18, 2009