cream cheese??

Does that count as one of the cheeses we can't have when prego because we're pregnant?? I want a bagel with cream cheese so bad!!!!

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 10:21 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it should be okay as long as it is pasturized
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:34 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i didnt know you werent allowed to have cheese during pregnancy?? I have cream cheese all the time, you'll be alright!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:32 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I would say that if your craving it, then go for it. I guess I am just not one of those pregnant ladies that stop eating it because it's on some list, someone made up, stating while pregnant you can't eat. But also, I don't think I've ever been told or read anywhere that you couldn't have cream cheese while pregnant.
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 10:32 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• The only cheese that I know of that they say you can't have is goat cheese. Idk why. Some say soft cheese, but I ate Brie the whole time I was preg, haha. I think it has something to do with the higher levels of bacterium in soft cheeses. But hey, I'm fine! And so is my baby!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:47 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I never knew you weren't supposed to eat cheese pregnant. WIC even gives you cheese while your pregnant. I don't see why it would hurt you or the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• cream cheese is good, blue cheese is bad

Answer by rkoloms at 11:30 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• anon, I was told and have read in many baby books that sharp cheeses are fine but the soft cheeses or unpasturized (sp?) cheeses could be harmful to the baby if a bacteria is present.

and thanx everyone!!!
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 11:41 AM on Apr. 18, 2009