Do you believe in miracles?

Does anyone truly believe in miracles or that things happen for a reason..!!!

sarabeth1

Asked by sarabeth1 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in miracles AND that everything happens for a reason.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 10:25 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• No, I do not believe in miracles.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 10:33 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I must admit that I do believe in miracles and that everything happens for a reason. My most emotional reason is that my son was premature, and the nurses were preparing me for the possibility that he might not make it. He couldn't keep food down. They were going to move him to another hospital in the city the next day. We'd tried to get in touch with our minister, but he couldn't be reached. Finally he got the message and came to the hospital right away, about 10:30 at night. I told him that I wanted him to baptize the baby, just to give him an extra chance. The minister said let's pray instead, and he led me in a prayer. The next morning the baby was thriving. This was the miracle. The "everything happening for a reason" is that my husband doesn't believe, he'd like to but doesn't. So I figured this all happened so that he would understand, and believe.

Answer by Bmat at 10:35 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Yes I do, miracles happen everyday. Some people just do not want to see or believe
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:37 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Another miracle: one of my students said that her husband had to go to the hospital and was there for three months. The day he was admitted, a huge black dog showed up on the lady's doorstep. She was afraid, but the dog didn't make any move to attack her or her children. So they fed and watered the dog and got used to his being there. She told her husband about the dog, and he was looking forward to meeting the dog. After three months, she went to the hospital to bring her husband home, and when they arrived home, the dog had gone. They never saw it again.

Answer by Bmat at 10:39 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Yes, I believe that everything happens for a reason. Everything is intertwined with everything else, that alone is reason enough for everything to happen! As for believing in miracles, I guess it depends on what you consider a miracle. I see the miraculous in many everyday events, in nature, and so forth... not sure if I believe in the 'divine intervention' version of a miracle.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:03 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• yes i believe in miracles, i have four kids to proof it and my self. plus things do happen for a reason, because if they did not then i would have never met my husband.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:31 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• yes i do believe in miracles
    chilimidos62

Answer by chilimidos62 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Both
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 12:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Absolutely!!! 9 years ago I was prayed for. I was addicted to drugs. Miraculously and instantly, I was delivered. I never went through any type of withdrawal and have not had any cravings since then. I also was having complications from a surgery.  I was in the hospital 9 times in 6 months.  I lost 60lbs.  My doctor told me, "You are headed straight to the graveyard."  The same night I was prayed for, I was also healed from this.  I had a total renewing in my body.  I haven't had any problems since.  5 years ago I hurt my back. I was in tremendous pain for about 6 months. Again, I was prayed for. My back instantly quit hurting and I have not had any back problems since. I have seen many miracles that can only be explained, 'It had to be the hand of God!'

zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2009