Sun block?

My DD is a month old and I wanna take her outside for long periods of time, but she has very fair skin. What kinda sun block should I use and where can I buy baby sunglasses..lol

piercedbeauty21

Asked by piercedbeauty21 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• um your not suppose to use sunscreen until they are 6 months ole so you need to just keep them covered or in the shade. You can buy baby sunglasses at any baby store or even walmart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Babies under 6 months shouldn't wear sunblock. Stay in the shade and buy a sun hat for you little one. Even then I would advise not to keep her out for too long. Go inside regularly to take breaks from the warmth and the sun.

Sun glasses can be bought at walmart or any other baby stores. Be careful because they can dig into the back of the baby's ears, so take them off when they aren't needed.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Check with your pediatrician whether there is a sunblock you can use. You are very wise to want to protect the baby's skin. Meanwhile be very careful to keep her in the shade. Even when you start using sunblock, put plenty on, and re-apply as directed. You are also wise about the baby sunglasses. I read about this last summer, that children's eyes need to be protected from the sun also.

Answer by Bmat at 10:43 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Get her a flap happy hat...they cover the ears and all. Ask your Pediatrician but the AAP just updated their reccomendation to state that you CAN use sunscreen under 6 months. Keeping her out for long periods of time is still not a great idea though. I guess you could keep her in the shade and make sure she is getting plenty of fluids.
    My mom kept me at the lake at her age, just in the shade and with plenty of sunblock. :)
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 10:58 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• We used Aveeno on my son... he was 3 months though. I tried to keep him in the shade as much as I could and put on a hat.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:36 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• you can buy a play pen with the shade cover that slips over top to help with some of the sun, or a covered stroller, but babies under 6 months aren't suppose to use sun screen. So be sure to keep her in the shade, and out of the sun light for long periods of time. sun glasses can be found at babies r' us, that are strap on, so you don't have to worry about eyes being poked, etc. A bonnet or hat should be worn as well, and be sure she's not exposed to high temps, or more than 15-20 minutes sunlight MAX. Shade, or inside are the best for her.. next year you can take her out all you want, and you'll want a 50+ prove them.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• when my daughter was a month old she also had fair skin but i used the water babies sunscreen..i think thats what its called..it was pink container looking thing LOL. but we had her at the beach under the umbrella with a portable fan to keep her cool and gave her plenty of liquids. i agree you can get the sunglasses anywhere like walmart the childrens place baby gap..
    Anonymous

• It’s well worth checking out Sunny Sleevez (www.sunnysleevez.com). They are sleeves that can be worn on arms and legs and give your child instant UV protection of 50 SPF. This is brilliant for my little girl as she’s still too young at 5 months to wear suntan lotion. I get paranoid about lotion needing to be reapplied throughout the day and taking time after it being applied for it to work so I’ve found them a godsend especially as they can be washed and reused. They also offer a 100% money back guarantee.
    Hope that helps!!
    vstep

Answer by vstep at 7:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2009