Anyone use separate airlines on a trip cut costs?

I'm doing a girls weekend to Vegas. I found it cheaper to use separate airlines, one way, each trip. Anyone recommend doing this?

singingoutloud

Asked by singingoutloud at 10:49 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Travel

• I have done it before. the omly thing is that occasionally you are flagged by the TSA because you only have a one way flight and you may have to go throughan extra search. It wasn't a big deal though. have a GREAT time!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 7:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I've done it. I was never flagged by the TSA. I always pick up my ticket at the airport when I get there. TSA doesn't know if you bought a one way or round trip ticket.
    Last year I flew from Florida to California on one airline and flew back on another. Round trip cost me $239.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I have done it also. I used seperate booking sites also.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:32 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I've done that several times before to Vegas and haven't had any problems. I use to live there, so pm me if you need any advice on what to do there. Have fun!
    MoneySaver

Answer by MoneySaver at 11:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Thanks for confirming that it would go as smooth as planned. My girlfriends and I had a great time! Cant wait to plan the next girls trip!
    singingoutloud

Answer by singingoutloud at 3:03 PM on May. 11, 2009