Have you ever lied to your SO about money?

my beau is the money keeper in the family and I am fine with that because I pretty much get a few bucks from him when ever I ask with in reason of course and always have a few bucks on hand during the week for whatever I need. well today he gave me more grocery money than I usually get every week. so I thought that he had given me the zoo money and I kept 10 dollars out of it because I thought that was why he gave me so much. well I get home and he gives me another 10 dollars for the zoo. long I know, bear with me. would you have told him about the ten and given the ten he gave you back or would you keep your mouth shut and keep the whole 20 bucks?

I told him and gave him the ten back BTW.

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 10:54 AM on Apr. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• idk...i give him money from time to time so i think id tell him....im just wayyy too sweet and i prefer to give him money WHEN HE ASKS!! if he doesnt ask then i get pissed....

the ONLY amount of money i EVER ask him is 25 CENTs...because i like getting the candy from the 25 cent machines :D
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• i would have kept it but my dh don't give me money for anything. if i tell him i need to go to the store and get some milk, he'll go instead. i have got my unemployment but haven't told him b/c he won't give me money to fix the baby's room with so i'm using that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• Any extra that my dh gives me I keep and set aside for extras like gift shopping throughout the year and all. We are pretty much the same way, his pay is direct deposited into one account and we have a joint account that he transfers whatever I need for the week into, everything else is allotted for bills etc. If he gives me cash for something we figure out how much we think I need for whatever I'm doing and that's mine to do with whatever I need/want, so I don't give it back if I have extra, I save it.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 11:00 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• BTW, he knows about my "stash" so no, I have never lied to him about it.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 11:01 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I'd tell him, just so he can keep the finances straight. AND I'd keep the full $20! He doesn't sound like the type to make a stink over $10. Odds are he'll just tell you to keep it, anyway. So make yourself look a little better/more trustworthy in his eyes and come clean!!
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:04 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• We share everything, that includes money, I don't have to ask permission, the only thing I do is tell him when I'm transferring money from one account to another so he doesn't check the balance and not know where it went.. And he does the same for me... And he doesn't hand out weekly cash, he's not my father,and doesn't give an allowance, to me that would be very disrespectful...
    And 10 bucks,lol My Hubby would have laughed and said wtfe go spend it!
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:18 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I honestly don't know what I would do, because I would hate it if I had to run my purchases by SO. I guess it is different because I work and always have my own money. Nothing against your system and I definitely see the appeal of being home (I work from home for my college so I get to be home 90% of the time) but it would really drive me crazy if I had to ask for money.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• LOL. maybe I aught to mention the economy ratio. here ten bucks will buy you what 30 or 40 would buy you else where.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:33 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I couldn't be married if I had to ask if I could spend money. Or had to ask for it to be given. But $20 for the zoo and you gave back $10? I guess no souvenirs that trip.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I would tell him but I would not give it back unless he had a good reason for needing it.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 18, 2009